FWIW, official attendance, according to ESPN.

3 Likes

We outdrew Texas Tech-Ole Miss from last year. At least that’s something.

Honestly, hope we don’t play there again unless it’s someone that can fill the place up. I wish we could on our own, but we’re not there yet.

16 Likes

Did Washington State bring a lot?

They filled most of the lower bowl on their side. Probably about the same that BYU did in 2013.

I was impressed…didn’t figure they’d have that many.

9 Likes

They brought some, but visitor side had a bunch of Coogs for womp womp.

I’m assuming won’t average into our home attendance because it’s a “neutral site”, just as the Oklahoma game in 2016 didn’t count towards our home attendance.

Somebody please tell me I’m wrong.

Yeah, Washington State brought a lot of fans .They showed them constantly dancing on the video boards and even played a three-minute hype video for them while they sang. We didn’t get a hype video. Embarrassing to not have any home-field advantage just a few miles from our campus. No more games at NRG please.

6 Likes

In retrospect, I liked being in A/C but in 2H it became more obvious this was a neutral site game. The PA announcer did not help at all. Was that Adam Wexler from channel 2? He was awful.

Also, it felt like I was in a movie theater sitting in the dark watching a bright field. The energy was lacking in the building. If I remember correctly the OU game was an early start so the building was much better lit and had more people.

I will admit now that playing at TDECU would have given us an advantage. I could have endured the humidity for that!

5 Likes

NRG made sure to make WSU feel at home as possible. Play their hype video! Show constant shots of their fans! Did we serve them prime rib and lobster after the game, too? They were made to feel comfortable a few miles from our campus. Embarrassing.

8 Likes

They even won “drive of the game” with 9 minutes left in the game! Ridiculous!

2 Likes

I told my buddy this. WTF???

If we never play another game at NRG, I’d be just fine with that, and there are only about 5-10 teams that we should even consider playing there.

Completely ludicrous that Washington State got a hype video and we got…nothing.

11 Likes

The WSU video hype video and lack thereof for anything similar for UH was gross. Never want to play a game there ever again. Never wanted the game to be moved to begin with. Played OU and WSU in a “neutral field” and then have to play them both on the road at their house?! People complain about butts in seats at TDECU yet we don’t even get to show what the atmosphere can be for some of these big games. See Louisville 2016. A crazy atmosphere for a game like OU at TDECU can sell you season Tix in the future.

9 Likes

We might have won this game at our stadium. The heat and humidity would have help. I hate NRG it’s a like a war zone
bunker to get to the stadium.

17 Likes

If that was a UH home game we would have won.

6 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

Given attendance was 40,000 I would estimate it was 37,000 UH fans and 3,000 WS. The NRG PA Announcer and the in-game videos were 60/40 towards WS. The Texans marketing guys did a segment at halftime that seemed pro-UH but after that it was all WS propaganda. I agree with folks that don’t want another UH “home” game at NRG.

6 Likes

We got a million bucks. And that is what college sports are all about today !!

3 Likes

1.7 million!!!

1 Like

This was an opportunity to bring new people to our campus and introduce them to our traditions and beautiful stadium. Missed opportunity.

1 Like