AAC 2019/20

After today, I don’t think Wichita gets in unless they win the conference tournament.

1 Like

With our depth, I don’t see anyone other than us winning the conference tournament.

2 Likes

Looks like the clock struck midnight for Tulsa. O
I thought they could pretend a little longer. Wichita St started 15-1 and now have gone 2-5 if I read their article correctly. Now we have UConn trying to make up for their terrible start. Memphis has been fading. It’s a tough season to predict what will happen - just take any road W regardless of how ugly it might look and protect the home court.

4 Likes

No road game gimmes.

UConn’s gym is going to be on fire for that game.

I kind of feel bad for Marshall. He’s a great program guy. Just doesn’t have the pieces to win the conference this year. If we win the conference but couldn’t win the tourney I’d prefer that they or a Tulsa win it.

Just don’t think we’ll lose to WSU though.

1 Like

The next 7 games plus the conference tournament will get the Coogs ready for the dance. None of the next 7 are easy and now we are clearly the team everyone is gunning for.

This is really fun.

5 Likes

I think without improving we can get to the 16. We have to shoot better to get further, especially from the 3 line. That said, I don’t see why our shooting % shouldn’t improve with the coaches we have. It’s gonna be great!

Agreed UCONN has been playing spoiler role well lately. The crowd there is going to be lit for us.

1 Like

I’m bringing 3 to the UConn game, and an airhorn if I can sneak it in.

1 Like

anyone here driving to Dallas Saturday for SMU game.

Got to NOT get to high after wins like yesterday or down after a lose like At Cincy. College basketball is getting crazy. Just look at the AAC this year. A month ago it appeared that Memphis and Wichita State were the top two. Now BOTH are near to being NIT locks. Heck Memphis has dropped two home games and this week has to go on the road and play at Cincy and at UCONN. The shockers are on a losing streak and next play at UCF.

We can’t count our chickens. Heck the next two weeks we have the toughest schedule of anyone and it will tell our tale. Roadies at South Florida ( just beat Memphis in Memphis ) and SMU ( a MUST win for the ponies ) then Tulsa at Home, then Memphis on the road. Three of four on the road with a tough home game. Two weeks from today we may know our fate IMHO.

4 Likes

Can I at least count the 9 chickens I have in hand from Conf W’s. :laughing::smile:

I think, despite the AAC being very good this year, that the conference ends up with two bids. Houston and Cinci get in and everyone else is out. We could have been a five bid conference, but a team that had a poor non-conference record figured out how to play in conference and Memphis has fallen apart. Wichita seems to have gotten tired. If they can get back on their horse and not ruin Cinci’s record then maybe we end up with three. Probably the best outcome we can hope for is for Cinci to win out except for our game with them and WSU to win out except for their game with Cinci. That would give the AAC three bids.

2 Likes

I mostly agree with you though would bet on WSU over Cincy between the two. I still think WSU is a good team but they really need to get their act together and rebound on the road at UCF this week.

I also don’t think there was ever much of a chance at getting five bids. As a conference our OOC performance wasn’t terrible but wasn’t particularly great either. Four could have been possible but things would have needed to break right. I assumed we’d probably get three with a few NIT bids going into conference play (which is still a strong conference).

I never thought Memphis was gonna be great, but man are they going below even my expectations. That’s a lot of talent squandering a year or two and then going pro.

I thought you were coach Lewis talking from his grave. Well said!

They still have a number of big games on their schedule. Win most of those and knock us off twice and they will get their ticket. They still very much control their destiny. Two tough road games for them this week, though.

I never thought Memphis would be good. Penny sucks.

1 Like

OT: as much as it tastes like vinegar, I’m pulling for cows to beat cubs tonight.

1 Like

I am with you on that one, Mr. Faust, but in my very humble opinion, the udderless ones from Austin have scant chance, but, it has been such an unpredictable year - maybe that is enough to flip the script.

1 Like

I’d rather Baylor lose in spectacular fashion in the tourney against 16 seeded Mt. Holyoke or St. Bernard.

7 Likes