AAC 2019/20

This would be a brutal loss for Memphis. Brian Gregory completely outcoaching Penny.

1 Like

Gregory’s a good coach but that’s a low bar

7 Likes

Got a good chuckle out of that Randy.

1 Like

Man Memphis looks bad

1 Like

Ot:. UT loses at home to Tech. That’s a happy event.

2 Likes

Sips will now just barely make the dance lol

5 Likes

Memphis falls. Not good for the conference, or Memphis, or Penny.

3 Likes

Barring a team making a Cinderella run through the conference tournament, I don’t think we’re going to be a four bid league this year.

3 Likes

I agree with that - hard to see SMU or Memphis being an at large - Tulsa could easily fall out of the dance’s must have invitees - meanwhile - UH has four home games left - each one huge - I hope the fans that get to attend understand how special what they will get to witness and in which to participate will be.

4 Likes

Tomorrow will definitely have a March feel to it. Wichita is desperate and we know you can’t lose on your homecourt

4 Likes

Last year - at this time - I felt completely confident UH would not only dance - but we would get a decent seed. This year’s team has been full of pleasant surprises and emerging stars - but they are still very very young - and it will be fun to see how they respond to the stretch.

Sheesh Penny Boy is gonna have some explaining to do if they don’t make it to the big dance this year

2 Likes

Why does everyone think this ??

I guess because they cheat to get a “high ranking” recruiting class.

They have been over rated all year !!

2 Likes

Memphis and SMU trying really hard make the AAC a 2 bid league this year ugh.

4 Likes

They had a solid non conf run well enough to be top 25.

1 Like

Not sure who they beat.

OTOH, has coaching finally kicking in :sunglasses:

Honestly, for the first time this season I think we’re only a three bid conference. Tulsa has the outside track as WSU could conceivably have a .650 conference record end of season…if we beat them tomorrow. But even Tulsa has to win three more big games. We could, unintentionally knock both WSU and Tulsa out of the tourney and make it a two bid year. Disastrous OOC for them.

Memphis was overrated from the get-go. In the stars vs. coaching stat coaching wins 90% of the time in this league.

Memphis = “Street Ball 2020”

2 Likes

Two bids are much more likely than four bids right now. If we somehow won out and the right combination of teams beat each other in ways that aren’t all that far fetched we could even be a 1 bid conference.

2 Likes

Which would be a tragedy. This is a really good basketball conference, but we are cannibalizing each other to a ridiculous degree. If Tulsa hadn’t started off slow in Non conference, it would be a totally different story.

3 Likes

Tulsa was the wrong team to go on the run to open conference play. If UCONN or maybe Temple had gone 7-3 in AAC play they’d be knocking on the door of a bid. UCONN is a good team that has just lost a bunch of close games to good teams. That’s going to be a tough game in Storrs. Temple has completely imploded, though. Of course, since UCONN’s bouncing I guess I also don’t care about them and am glad to see the teams staying here keep them from a bid.

But yeah. Right now we’re in and Wichita State is likely in, but in the 10 seed range and in danger of dropping out if they don’t get w’s in this stretch of winnable games they have.

1 Like