AAC Tournament Bracket

Cincy fans are super rowdy too and it did not cause us any problems.

2 Likes

Extra Motivation to kick their butts

8FV7aXXhO6HTfgpoGd

With that massive Schnozz, all Aubrey Dawkins is missing is the mustache. Good grief!

1 Like

I can’t be the only one who has noticed lol

I think us being basically still fresh will play a huge factor tomorrow
especially if we bring our toughness.

2 Likes

Yep, we need the pressure of playing in a big game like this with a hostile crowd. It will teach us more.

6 Likes

I’m glad the days of home AAC tournaments are coming to an end and we’re moving to neutral site. We’ve been the victim of this before just like UCF is today.

2 Likes

Strange thing is that Memphis isn’t exactly playing great; just outworking UCF. Memphis is shooting 43% from the field, 27% from three, and 64% from the line, but are winning the rebounding war 37-26 to include 13 offensive rebounds. That’s the game right there.

3 Likes

I doubt they will be able to shoot better against us then have against UCF.

1 Like

I think we’ll be up to it but this will be the 3rd consecutive year we’ve had to play the host team in the conference tourney, UConn eliminated us 3 years ago, and we beat UCF in Orlando last season.

I’m thrilled it will be in Fort Worth the next 3 years

5 Likes

Also, when I fill out my tournament bracket, I don’t think I’ll have UCF getting past the 1st round.

2 Likes

What a night/day team they are

2 Likes

This proves it’s better to beat up on Tulane than get a bye.

2 Likes

Chokers might be too strong but they definitely tend to fade when challenged. Smith just played a ridiculous game against us and refs protected Tacko

3 Likes

I think that’s their ceiling. They basically played a perfect game against us
and still needed a Dawkins shot late to win that game. And, we played terribly and were possibly tired from that late flight two nights earlier.

Looking at their resume, it really isn’t great outside of a win over us and Cincy. That bubble this year is bad so they’ll make it, but I’ve seen other years where they’d probably get left out.

2 Likes

But, I give credit to this Memphis team because they are a better team than earlier in the year. They have a lot more confidence and are hustling more. I still don’t think that they are fundamentally good, but they’ll be a tough out tomorrow at their place.

5 Likes

Temple has gotta win tonight. Wichita will have some fans in Memphis I bet.

3 Likes

They play like a ncaa tournament 5 or 6 seed team at home for sure.

1 Like

Everyone’s gonna look at the Memphis score and be scared, forgetting that 1. UConn lit up their last opponent too, and 2. Memphis was struggling against Tulane late. Their horses are gonna be much more tired and FedEx isn’t going to intimidate the Coogs.

3 Likes

Gonna do a little gloating here
not only am I 6-for-6 in my AAC Tournament bracket (big money pool
haha), I also called Memphis having an easy time with UCF.

For what it’s worth, Cincy and Wichita are my picks tonight, with the Coogs weathering the storm tomorrow and beating the Bearcats again in the final on Sunday.

Hopefully I didn’t just jinx myself (fingers crossed as I post this
lol)!

2 Likes