Additional Heat Applied to Dana

Saw it on Facebook, it was a good interview.

1 Like

“Right one coach has 5 T-25 finishes and multiple trips to the postseason. The other’s had UH performing at its lowest clip since Dana Dimel.”

It’s this type of ignorance about football and the state of a college football program in disarray, when bringing on a new head coach, that just leaves my jaw dragging the floor. And that doesn’t even take into account the
ongoing challenges that UH football has faced for decades.

I have the feeling that those who have expected 10-3 football seasons the last two years are the same “true Coogs” who abandoned the basketball team against Rutgers with 15 minutes left in the 2nd half.

4 Likes

Again you want to fire a coach with a proven track record of winning at the highest level after 2 mediocre seasons. So apparently you think its a fair expectation for UH to be T-25 every year in baseball. Nowhere did i say anything about expecting 10 win seasons in football. I’ll take being competitive in our conference.

Wow. Winning at the highest level. 10+ seasons. 0 trips to Omaha. Not even 1. That’s the highest level.

2 seasons completed after inheriting a football programs in shambles, the recruiting house of cards had collapsed, and you seem incapable of understanding that rebuilding a competitive football roster doesn’t happen in two years, at least. Light years away from what TH inherited.

1 Like

Going to Omaha is the equivalent of making it to the CFP. It isn’t the standard for our program.

Also our football program wasn’t in “shambles”. You have incredibly high expectations for our baseball program when compared to the football program.

1 Like

I watched interviews with Belk, Archie McDaniel, and Brandon Jones and felt really good about what they had to say.

2 Likes

I agree.

Archie is a surprise. Really like him!

Can’t wait for Spring practice. Need some good news from the football :football: side.

Basketball :basketball: is kicking their a** right now.

He is better than Applewhite which isn’t saying a lot but I really think we would have been better off if we had hired Orlando instead of Applewhite. So now we have Dana and flashes of good things but just flashes. Hogo needs a really good season on both sides of the ball and at least 6-7 wins.

1 Like

I think the expectation is 9 wins, maybe 8 depending on which 8 or how the teams on the schedule develop.

3 Likes

Winning cures all evils and everyone takes notice then rest is gravy bottom line

1 Like

schedule is fairly easy, we need to beat Tech to start season, should win 8 games minimum, if he cant win with this schedule forget about it lol

3 Likes

This article has been out a while, but I think it captures well the idea that the AD and UH President want results on the gridiron sooner than later. Also, in my personal observations so far this spring, Dana appears much more amiable and engaged with the press than in the past. Perhaps a message from the top directing him to play well with others and become more accessible.

After CDH achieves Saban-like results over the next several seasons I’ll tolerate the annoyed and disinterested head coach shtick. But first I want to see some wins.

Beating Tech was a major springboard for the basketball team this year.

1 Like

The most telling sign of the admin’s attitude toward Holgorsen is they haven’t given him an extension, but I still think he has their trust
 for now. This season will be make or break for him.

I really believe if he delivers 9+ wins, he gets extended for around the same projected year-on-year salary growth. I wouldn’t think that Holgo/his agent would come back and ask for a big raise after 1 of 3 good years.

If he delivers 8 wins or 7 and a bowl win, I think he continues on his current contract to see what he can do in year 4.

If he delivers anything less, I believe he gets year 4 with the sole purpose of waiting until Jan 01 after his fourth season to let the buyout plummet before being relieved.

Those are my 2 cents.

3 Likes

CDH is attending the Final Four and is totally on board that we are a basketball school. Leave him alone.

2 Likes

Lots of whining about no info but he had a 20 minute presset yesterday and I see not one mention of it.

I think it’s because he knows we finally have a team in place that can go out and win. He has done the hard work of setting the foundation and is now ready to start reaping the benefits of a solid team.

4 Likes

Well it shouldn’t be hard to win with this schedule, so he’ll be back in the good graces of the fan base by the end of the season.

2 Likes

Sounds like if we win “with this schedule” and he gets in good graces of the fans, you will be disappointed.