Additional Heat Applied to Dana

That makes sense. With CDH at the helm, we become more of a basketball school with each passing week!

3 Likes

As long as we don’t backslide in 2022, I’m fine with it. But time will tell. This season really isn’t a good way to judge what our future will look like. I’m cautiously optimistic.

There is an entire thread about his Monday presser.

It includes our entire roster list.

Wtf are u smoking lol.

Major Applewhite won 8 games when he got fired. Coach Dana hasn’t won more than 4 games in his two seasons here.

2 Likes

It’s probably a combination of both. If he’s thinkingg he has a better team and a more favorable schedule like him I’d be more upbeat too. But there’s no question if I’m the employers I’m also telling him to play nicer with others on camera. Coaches with a losing record don’t get to be chippy with media, or frankly anyone, anywhere. Losing coaches get out there and shake hands and kiss babies for the program. If he was at 15+ wins at this point I’d say he can treat the media however he so chooses, but not right now.

2 Likes

The anti-CDH whiners are in full bloom. This is there shining moment. Their ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes

or there are fans among us who are realists.

4 Likes

I think some of y’all need to go back to school to distinguish the difference between whiny & critical. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

Eh you know how it is for some. If you aren’t on 100% slurp at all times you are either whiny, a bad cougar fan, or you have an opinion? You should be cutting checks then if but back on your knees and no teeth this time.

2 Likes

Or maybe you should learn the difference between being objectively critical and pessimistic.

Yep.

I complain about stuff that seems obvious, like a fake punt in the 1st quarter from your own 25 on 4th and 30. But my knowledge of how to build a college football program is the 30,000 ft view because I have never done it.

Some people on here talk as if they know from experience how to build a program, how long it should take, who we should recruit and so forth. I don’t know of any that have ACTUALLY BUILT A CHAMPIONSHIP COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM FROM SCRATCH.

If there are such people, I really wish they would chime in or that the know-it-alls would just shut up.

3 Likes

7-8 wins won’t impress me with that sorry schedule after 2 rebuild years. 9-10 might start to make me a believer. Less than 7 wins and he might get fired if the 2022 season doesn’t start out well
I mean we fire coaches for 8-4 right? 3 years of not that ain’t going to fly. I think DH knows he and Tune can beat teams they have more talent than (their records show it) and we have a bunch of that on our schedule this year. I think DH thinks we get 8+ and his seat gets much much cooler.

4 Likes

Agree that 8+ wins is what’s needed to cool the hot seat. The schedule is really soft this year, and we have better depth than we’ve had in years. Really should win 9 or more.

2 Likes

Go see all of UH victories under Coach Holg the last two years. I think their best win was against a 4 win North Texas team whose QB got banged up on that game.

1 Like

Why is this considered a sorry schedule? Yes, we have three of our four OOC games that should be locks, although we have often had hard games against Rice; but TT is a good team and they have brought in another good QB from the transfer portal. Our conference is good and will provide some really good games. We expect our team to be better this year; why do folks just assume the other teams won’t?

I always expect tough games against Navy, Tulsa, SMU, and Memphis. It doesn’t bother me if we have some really easy games that we win handily. Those are fun to watch and stress free.

3 Likes

Obligatory FCS game and the Rice game aren’t anything out of the ordinary but UConn has been the worst FBS program in the country the last few years and Tech is projected to be at the bottom of the Big 12. That’s a pretty strong deviation from the old 2 p5, 1g5, and 1fcs formula. As for in conference, no Cincy or UCF on the schedule and your three toughest opponents (Navy, Memphis, and SMU) are all home games. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a sorry schedule, like the previous poster, because I do believe our league is good, but it has to be the easiest schedule we’ve had since joining the American. And in that vein I do agree that 7-8 wins won’t impress.

5 Likes

Yet 7 or 8 wins is just enough for some fans to say “See? See? We’re improving!”

And we’re looking at another smack in the face in 2022.

1 Like

The job security that Dana has will extend thru 2022.

But not thereafter.

Why do we expect overnight success with Dana, but we give CKS 7 years?

2 Likes

Because the program CKS was in infinitely worse shape than the one CDH took over.

3 Likes