Additional Heat Applied to Dana

You’re the one that said basketball players were being trashed.

I never said basketball players. I was referring to the basketball posts being negative and players in general being bashed when they don’t perform to fan’s standards. Guess I didn’t make it clear to your standards.

There is some general heartbreak (which there should be) but overall the posts have been far more positive than negative.

“They have an off game, then they are trashed.”

Again, I never said basketball players, I was referring to players in general. I guess my post was hard to understand or follow. My mistake. If I was referring to BB players, I would have posted in the BB thread.

busseycoog, you are misreading her post if you think that’s what she said. I have been reading this board and TOS for as long as this board has existed and since I discovered Cougars Den, and since the original Coogfans started, and now the digest. I can tell you there have been many times where the basketball team has had super negativity and lot’s of times individual players have been called out.

If you want to know examples, you do the work of looking through the thousands of posts and you will find it. It seems that some of you guys are great at finding negativity and the cloud in every silver lining.

And some of our posters never stop speaking negatively about our own fan base.

1 Like

Basketball needs one really good guy signed year, and with 5 guys on the court, you can begin changing and getting better with one new “good” guy each season. FB needs 85. Period.

Twinmom, I will but you a cool one one day.

3 Likes

I will own up to that, I am guilty. Lots of redundant posts though, do you not agree? That’s mostly what I have seen unfortunately. I realize the FB team needs to earn the positive posts.

There is a repetitiveness to some of these threads. Gonna be a long offseason, I guess.

1 Like

Twinmom
I’m not sure what fans expect from these athletes. They give everything, it’s not enough.

Yeah like Cameron Tyson smh. You’re right!

We choose how we want to respond and live life. Well said!

You’re basing that off of one player?

That’s silly talk. While Sampson has turned our hoops program completely around and we made it to the final four, Holgy has a lot more hurdles in the way.
As long as we are G5 the only way we get any national attention is by going to NY 6 bowls without a chance of winning a national title.
We will never be able to recruit top rated athletes as G5.
We have to recruit second tier players and develop them…,something I have confidence DH can and will do.
Unfortunately we got ourselves pushed to the corner losing our decent coaches and firing the others.
Hoping Dana can get it done because it don’t look like many of our bandwagon alums are going to offer much support unless we go undefeated every year.
Once again I was very hesitant when we hired but now I am convinced he was the best choice because he offers a tad of stability for the program

3 Likes

Don’t let it bother you, quitters quit and whiners whine

3 Likes

Well, the Briles Era was full of teams with lack of discipline, stupid personal fouls, and mounted penalties, and yet we won a conference championship in CUSA.

I hope this is the year that it all comes together for Dana.

I’ll be there. I hope you all will be as well.

2 Likes

This i why it is crazy to try to compare coaching basketball to Football. If anything rebuilding a football program that was gutted of depth and not utilizing the red shirt is going to be a massive rebuild. Because there are so many more players on the field compared to the football field then the court, it should be expected that a rebuild to a power like we are seeing in basketball will take more time with Football.

1 Like

I don’t really buy that. At all. And it’s trying to diminish what Sampson has done.

UCF was 0-12 in 2015. They were 13-0 in 2017. That’s two years.

4 Likes

It is well reported thar Dana took the coaching job and knew he would have to do some rebuilding, but he was completely shocked when he got to campus and truly got a sense of how bad the program was. He was not happy at all with the last two coaches and how they did not red shirt and left the depth chart completely barron.

3 Likes