Alabama Transfer Anoma Dismissed

lol yeah that’ll do it

I’ll buy the King argument. But not the Anoma argument. No DE is that important.

ed had no pass defense…that was going to be the difference…with ed teams couldnt run on us…but had a field day passing…we are looking good “on paper” vs the pass next season

Ok well either way he isnt going to smu.

With King not knowing the offense we would have lost more games than Tune. People made the argument that Kyle Allen played poor in college because of a bad scheme fit, but King is somehow immune to that? Only King can pick up everything, but not Kyle? I dont get it.

1 Like

kyle allen was a bad fit becuase we didnt have the Oline, he couldnt stay in the pocket to dissect…king played in a holgserson-esque offense in high school, it was just adjusting to holgerson unique version…as well as holgerson adjusting to king
kyle allen was different as he was in a read option offense in applewhite scheme while not a great runner… he literally always handed the ball on the option, with a bad o-line

I thought this Thread was on the DE that was just dismissed from the team. How the heck do I keep seeing King talk on here. Don’t you know
HE GONE!! :grin:

4 Likes

Haha. This is true.

1 Like

Like they always say, “you can lead a horse to water, but don’t pet a white dog while eating Cheetos”

8 Likes

Yeah, if the coach was any good, he would have sat with him in every class and worked with him on his homework and helped him on his tests. He would have ignored the rest of his duties to baby sit a young man eligible to vote.

I can’t believe some of our posters sometimes.

4 Likes

i dont think theres been a single post blaming holgerson… more grieving the loss of one of our biggest additions and its impact on our season. its anomas fault, we’re just bummed things are lining up for us anymore

2 Likes

Kyle Allen was mobile enough to extend the play. I think Andre Ware used the terms "functional mobility " to describe it. The oline was bad but Kyle forced the ball and fumbled more than Amon Green when he played for the Packers. Scheme fit couldn’t save him in this point either.

What do you mean by Holgerson-esque? An air raid? I don’t know how any of that changes the fact that Tune looked more comfortable in the offense than King. Here’s the truth. Tune picked up the offense quickly and King did not. King is more dynamic because of his legs for sure. I think King and Kyle both are going to be good QBs though.

All this STILL doesn’t take away from the fact that King was a nonfactor, and so was Anoma. Two non starters left the program. Not sure how that changes the expectations of the entire season, unless people really believe those two could be the difference to win the AAC. This isnt basketball were you can just give the ball to Harden, there has to be cohesion with 21+ players. The rest of the real contributors will be back so,

Let’s Friggin’ Go!

1 Like

A guy that was self-destructive just self destructed. If you’re the type of person that gives up at that level of surprise you were probably going to give up anyway.

oh my God.

“this killed any non biased reason for us to be drastically better”

Seriously? He was the only reason we could have been drastically better? do you realize how ridiculous that line is?

3 Likes

to your 1st point about allen, how would we know he was mobile enough, always handed the ball on the option, he never pulled it…it wasnt an option it was a consistent hand-off disguised as an option…and made us predictable …he wasnt a readoption qb by any metric

and yes by holgerson-esque i mean air raid…
i also completely disagree that tune looked more comfortable and picking up the offense… we ran the offense at full speed with king, we playd keep away with tune…tune didnt hit a deep ball till his 3rd/4th game…king was finding the open man and missing passes he regularly made the year before…tune didnt see a double coverage last season he wasnt willing to try and thread …
losing both drastically alters the expectation…we have 21+ player, most of them were active as we went 5-7…what is the difference between last and this year…

i flat say we will be better in the post you are taking out of context, and in that same post you are taking out of context note that losing king took a big hit out of expectation, but there was a little hope left and with anoma gone, that killed that too…i didnt say he was the only reason…

“we still had a top 5 recruit, top 50 all-time since recruit rankings started, adding him with the other transfers could drastically alter us, especially playing in the AAC…without him non of the other transfers are program changing”

this was part of the quote yu are taking out of context…anome leading the other transfer… him being the big cog and the other transfers filling holes.why last year culd be different than this year

In a story from CBS Sports…

According to Matt Zenitz of AL.com, it was a combination of factors that led to Anoma being dismissed from the team at Houston — tardiness, skipping class, clashing with teammates, insubordination, etc. One source told him that it was some of the same issues he dealt with at Alabama.

3 Likes

So a couple things, first v and foremost why are people talking about King on this thread? We have plenty of King threads.

Second, by all accounts this guy was an extremely talented player who was also a bit of a head case by all rumored accounts. But that’s the chance CDH took when he brought him in, and he was right to have taken that gamble. Unfortunately, it has not worked out. But luckily we are only missing out on potential not guaranteed productivity.

Finally, I know most us will be there as much as we can and support through thick and thin. But man we could all really use some good news/shot in the arm sort of news. Just something to counter a lot of the bad news that been following from Cullen Blvd. lately.

3 Likes

Did he get slower from the time he left Aggy. There were plenty of highlights of him using his legs. The quote I used was actually when Andre commented on an aggy game vs ULM. Kyle Allen was seen pulling it down and running.

We ran full speed into a brick wall with King. CDH slowed it down because no one got it. At least Tune completed passes.

Are you serious right now? Yes he did. Lol look at his interceptions thrown. Most were in double coverage trying to fit into tight windows.

Even if they have the same record this year they’d be 5-7 again with a QB that doesn’t the know the offense and a defender that be in and out of the program and off the field. Expectations should change.

Exactly. He thinks this is basketball. Where losing 1 player can drastically change the outcome of a season.

3 Likes