Angelo St Exhibition (W 106-42)

Stealth - Thanks for the update. When I talked with the ticket office this morning I was told no ticket included for Angelo State since it was free to all with open seating, but there would be a parking pass. Once again our ticket office is confusing. So anybody can flop down in a premium club seat and not be asked to move from a high dollar donor?? Go figure!!

This is going to start alot if fights with other ticket holders.

Apologies in advance if Iā€™m in your seat with my family of 8.

3 Likes

Are the club seats open too?

Itā€™s a Saturday this isnā€™t the Hof and Dickey people are going to be there. I appreciate the free but they should at least have tickets with assigned seats. As an OOTC who has only been to FC once I donā€™t see this going well.

1 Like

It is straight up nonsense treating season ticket holders like this with open seating after selling out the season ticket allotment.

1 Like

For an exhibition game, I doubt if there will be enough in attendance to make it a big deal one way or another.

9 Likes

So opening up the arena for open seating at an exhibition game is treating season ticket holders poorly?
Thatā€™s an interesting way of looking at it.

I see this as an opportunity to get others into our beautiful arena to see a fantastic team who may not have seen it yet or splurged for season tickets

5 Likes

Iā€™m planning to invite some friends who have never been to a UH game and weā€™ll treat it like open seating.

2 Likes

I fully expect attendees to comply with my request to vacate my season ticket seats.

4 Likes

And, itā€™s already started. smh

1 Like

If our Athletics department had any common sense on this game they would put up signs at every entrance stating there are no reserved seats. They should also instruct all of the ushers at the entrances to the seating area to tell all fans there are no reserved seats. Oh, this would make too much sense for our Athletics department!

1 Like

I find it odd that ESPN has this game listed as part of our schedule and does not state that it is an Exhibition game. I also noticed that tickets are being sold on StubHub for this.

I saw those tickets on StubHub and was confused for a second. Sounds like they need to address that and get them taken down.

Signs will be helpful though I would also think by not having a ticket to enter would be a subtle reminder that this is not reserved seating.

RW - I agree there should be no tickets. However, there will be confusion due to season ticket holders having tickets in their season ticket seats. These should not have been generated in the season ticket package.

Sorry I thought someone stated they did not print tickets for this one, just parking passes?
If this is the case then yeah just open the 2K for single seats and students as GA and that should be fine for an exhibition.

1 Like

Some of your are talking crazy; we are talking UH here; this is far from their first mistake. They could screw up a two-car funeral!

2 Likes

I have invited so many people to this game that Iā€™ve lost count. I have no idea how many (if any) will show up, but itā€™s difficult to beat free college basketball, especially when one of the teams is fresh off a Sweet 16 appearance. I know I will be there with my two boys.

3 Likes

Ok, I have what might be a stupid question. The tweet at the top of this thread is from a guy who does not appear to be officially affiliated with UH athletics. I canā€™t find any information about this event on the UH website except for a listing on the schedule for the game. Thereā€™s no link to buy tickets attached to that listing which gives me some confidence that this event is actually free, but I donā€™t actually see where it says that. I know itā€™s no surprise here, but the lack of information on the website is astounding. Is there something somewhere that Iā€™m missing??? I have friends asking for information and nowhere to point them to get that information.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/laurenEsampson/status/1190733454994018305

Lauren Sampson also retweeted that tweet

2 Likes