Angelo St Exhibition (W 106-42)

Hello 2002 and All. I sent an email to the Senior Associate Director for Event Operations, Facilities and Grounds asking about open seating and season ticket holders receiving a ticket with their season ticket location on the “Exhibition” ticket. Apparently we will be sitting in our season ticket seats. His reply follows:

First of all thank you for your support of Cougar athletics!
And thank you for your feedback. We are going to be sending out more information pertaining to the ticket situation for this Saturday’s game. Specifically, that even though it is a “free” event a ticket will be required to enter. Therefore, all of the season ticket holders that received a ticket for the game as a complimentary part of the season ticket package should bring that ticket with them to enter the arena. All fans that are not current season ticket holders will have to go to the Fertitta Center box office to pick up a ticket from available inventory remaining for this particular game. Those tickets will have an assigned seat and they will be asked to sit in those seats. This process will eliminate the open seating that you are concerned about and hopefully prevent fans from sitting in season ticket holders seats.
I hope this helps answer your questions, and we look forward to seeing you at the game Saturday and throughout the season.
GO COOGS!

7 Likes

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

After reading all that, now, tell me: Could there be ANY way for the University to cause any more confusion? If there is a way, I have no doubt they will figure it out!

Just open the darn doors, and let the people in!

3 Likes

So, if season tickets are sold out, how much “inventory” will be available to the public? I wish there was a way for season ticket holders who don’t plan on coming to release their seats so those could be added to the inventory. Not that I think this will be a sell out, but if there are giant pockets of seats that can’t be filled, and that causes my group to be split up, that’s going to be annoying.

1 Like

If she’s telling season ticket holders to do this, how can everyone sit together if the “guests” have to get assigned seats elsewhere? Then you’re group can’t sit together. SMH

Seems like growing pains to me. In years past they never had to worry about this. Hopefully they get everything organized in the next couple days.

2 Likes

Yup. Next year they should just issue GA tickets for everyone with first come, first served seating.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1192175416661991424

If you aren’t a season ticket holder you have to pick up tickets from the ticket office. Starting today you can pick them up.

Once again UH Athletics and the 2 car funeral as EatEmUp mentioned. If Lauren Sampson - UH Men’s Basketball Director of External Operations did not know that ALL seats were going to be reserved and everyone needs a ticket to get in, then the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

Once again, the ticket office at it’s finest. Who the h*&l is the manager and how can they continue to screw up.

2 Likes

Is the athletics ticket office the one near TDECU, or inside alumni center?

The athletics ticket office is the one near TDECU East End / Cullen. Tickets are available there beginning today through Friday. Then if any tickets still available Saturday they will be in the Fertitta Center ticket office.

1 Like

So I just went to the ticket office and got my tickets. Initially the guy didn’t know they sent out communication to pick them up. He had to ask someone about it. Sounds like wasn’t well organized.

1 Like

NOTHING is ever “well organized” in our ticket office; been that way for years now, and NOTHING is ever done to fix it either!

5 Likes

Last year they showed the exhibition on Sidearm or whatever. That’s gone. Anyone know if the school is broadcasting it?

I just sent this to the AD. Mr. Pezman. I’m CP member 2305, a long-time football and basketball season ticket holder and contributor and I have a complaint against the UH ticket office. On receiving my basketball season tickets I noticed 2 tickets are for the exhibition game this Saturday for my regular assigned seats. On hearing that admission was free and seating open (which I confirmed by calling the ticket office) I invited two friends who’ve never been to a UH game to go and sit with us. Now you announce that non-tickets holders have to get a ticket with assigned seating. How screwed up is that? How can I sit with my invited friends if all seats are assigned? Whoever is ticket manager should be canned on this decision alone. SUGGEST: A big sign at each door announcing free seating for all except in the club levels. Please do something to correct this. This will save money on the ticket office alone and get rid of a bungled idea.

So you are demanding that your friends should have the right to sit in someone else’s seat because you invited them? Perhaps the folks sitting next to you would like to take your seats for their friends.

2 Likes

I guess I’m a bit confused by all of this. Just show up and get a ticket and see how things play out. I bet there will be plenty of room to move around. Some of you are acting like it’s a rematch against Kentucky.

3 Likes

I will not be going so anyone is welcome to my two seats.