Angelo St Exhibition (W 106-42)

I’m not “demanding” anything. I’m asking that this university’s athletic department be consistent in their ticket policy. Others have complained about the ticket office, now I am. (“demanding”, sheesh, you don’t know demanding).

My read on the situation is that they thought since its an exo just open the gates and let folks come on in, explore the FC and sit where they want and everything was gucci UNTIL pompous STHs started griping about how people will be in “their seats”. For a game they didn’t even pay for! BECAUSE THE GAME IS FREE. UH admin made the first mistake by getting the tickets printed in the season ticket packages. The second mess up is acquiescing to the gripers.

Yeah, they bungled it and the conflicting info is regrettable but now they know how to gameplan better for the future. The exhibition should be a showcase event. So next year they shouldn’t issue tickets to STHs and just have folks able to reserve GA tickets (cap it at 4-6 per person) starting at Cougar Madness then online/ticket office afterwards. Hopefully it’s a learning moment but I think they had the right idea to begin with but the execution was lacking.

2 Likes

I never received an official announcement from our ticket office indicating free admission and open seating. Lauren Sampson tweeted free admission and many thought her announcement was official since she is the UH Men’s Basketball Director of External Operations. When I originally talked with the ticket office before I received my season tickets I was told no ticket for this game just parking pass. Well we all know that was not correct. So who to blame on confusion?? I guess it starts at the top - AD! In all fairness it sounds to me as if our ticket office was not informed.

This is the way it should have worked. My fear is that 5100 season tickets have been sold. If only 2000 of those people show up on Saturday, that’s 3100 tickets that aren’t available for the general public and, technically, can’t be sat in. Us non-STHs can sit in open seats, but we have no idea if we’re going to be asked to vacate those seats at some point. On top of that, the remaining 3379 general public tickets were made available yesterday and will be available until the game on Saturday. I can’t get over to the ticket office until just before the game on Saturday. I have been trying to organize a group of mostly non-Coog fans to come to the game with the lure that it’s walk up and walk in for free. Now I have no assurances that we’ll be able to sit together or even that there will be any tickets available on game day. I’ll call to ask before I come, but that’s kind of last minute. Is the ticket office limiting how many tickets people can pick up between now and game time? I guess my group will just show up on Saturday and hope for the best. If it goes poorly, I guess my non-Coog fans will continue to look at us at though we’re not ready for prime time.

On that note, if anyone has a block of at least 10 tickets you don’t plan on using, I will gladly take them off of your hands.

Remember when UH exhibitions required busloads of school kids to come in to fill seats? And now we’re at a point where fans will fistfight (insinuated) to get a seat.

We’ve truly arrived!

8 Likes

Update: This is extremely stupid. They shouldve just had open seating in all areas except club.

I went to the ticket office this morning. The girl was extremely nice and helpful but she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the tickets. The manager had to tell her the procedure. I wanted 12 tickets because I thought it would be open seating originally. The max number of tickets they allow is 6. That wasnt stated on the instructions. And two tickets I recieved arent even together so that’s awesome. I have 4 season tickets so I wasnt tripping about not having 2 extra ones but now I have to tell two of my friends to get them the day of the game and we wont sit together.

I agree the first mistake was printing a ticket for an exhibition. Second mistake was going on record and saying it’s free and open seating.

I contacted them the day after cougar madness to plan ahead and recieved no response. A big pet peeve of mine is last minute information on something that couldve been handled weeks prior.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1192501063913525248

I think Dejon was a hand and Jkwan was a knee or foot.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1192501708938776577

Dang injuries already starting. :angry:

1 Like

any details on dejon injury

don’t understand how the media is not asking about the length, and how long he is expected to be out…sampson has noted he’s been injured twice, and its been shrug’d off…

we play oregon and byu this month, dejon could be our best player

I agree man. The media around the program is lacking big time. Got a team coming off a sweet 16 run and barely any info comes out in the preseason.

1 Like

We are going to the exhibition game Saturday and if someone is sitting in our seats we will simply move somewhere else…no way that everyone on this board can be pleased at the same time…just show up and have a great time watching a meaningless game that will give many first timers a chance to see our beautiful new pad and some really good hoops…

10 Likes

It’s an exhibition game…against Angelo State.

There will be plenty of seats available. If you don’t have season tickets, and somebody asks you to move if you’re in their seat…just move somewhere else.

Maybe the ticket office screwed up, but this isn’t that big of a deal.

7 Likes

As I understand it, the free tickets will have assigned seating as well

Very few will attend, there will be plenty of seats

1 Like

While I am not expecting a sellout I do believe this will be very well attended for exhibition standards. Probably even better attendance than we had a few years ago for regular season games.

1 Like

Will it be available for any type of internet viewing, espn 3 etc??

The men’s basketball Facebook page just put up a live feed advertisement for the Angelo State game. So they may be on Facebook Live. That being said FB can be confusing so it may be that someone pushed the wrong button and was just trying to advertise the game.

1 Like

I hate facebook but i have to admit that the UNT game looked pretty good. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes