Antoine Davis

I don’t see what the debate is about. Undersized or not, Kelvin called him the best pure shooter he had seen since he got back into college coaching at UH. He didn’t recruit him to redshirt

1 Like

Well he gone, so now no debate I guess.

We’re going way down a trail of hypos but Ryan Anderson was also an incredible shooter who basically became unplayable in a lot of match-ups. I’m definitely not saying that’s Davis because I think the kid can play and really wish he was here in the program for the future, but just because he’s a great shooter doesn’t mean he’d get minutes on this team right now.

Right now there are 120 minutes a game basically split between 5 guys (GRob, Corey, Brooks, Deeky and Hinton). That works out to 24 minutes a game for each guy. If you add a 6th guy into that rotation, it’s 20 minutes a game. Realistically, Corey and Armoni together should generally take up about 64 of those minutes against good teams, so if Nate, Deeky, Davis, and Grob are all playing you are splitting roughly 56 minutes between the three of them, for an average of 16 minutes a game. That really just doesn’t work. One of those guys wouldn’t really be playing and I don’t see how Davis isn’t the most likely guy given Grob and Jarreau’s ball handling (and Grob’s defense and Jarreau’s ability to finish or get to the line) and Nate’s size and athleticism.

I now see where Mr Admin thinks we were criticizing one of our own players. We keep saying the name Davis and he probably assumed we were talking about our CD. That’s my guess for now !!

@pesik, not directed at you… the thread about Antoine Davis turned into a long critical discussion about a current player on the roster and was pointless and needless. Came out of thin air. Our discretion but to bash one of our own is not welcomed on Coogfans.

I can hear the keyboard clicking away already about censorship and how we don’t allow debate etc… when it comes to our own players, folks need to show some care on how they talk about our own players.

1 Like

all the posts were deleted. The posts were critical of Landon Goesling implying he doesn’t belong here or in D1. There is no point to having a discussion like that on a site dedicated to uplifting UH sports. He’s on the team, put his time in and should be respected.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth CKS has also talked about how Goessling plays his tail off in practice and is a great culture guy who makes our team better.

5 Likes

Amen.

Hmmm, ok got it.

I wish Antoine Davis and his father well at Detroit Mercy.

The only thing that matters is…

we’re 27-1 without him with multiple stars and a Top 10 program.

He is 11-18 without us. He’s the only star on an average program in a mediocre conference.

5 Likes

I have nothing against the player and honestly never felt he would be here once his dad moved from TSU. However to say he would have done this or that forr our team when our current roster and culture is 1 call from perfection is silly. Whatever it took for this group to be 27-1 I would not change a thing.

3 Likes