Any chance Grimes returns? (Update: Grimes Declares for NBA Draft)

Go make us proud, Q!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/qdotgrimes/status/1380596566126366724?s=21

23 Likes

Thank you Grimes!!!

3 Likes

Happy for Quentin! He did everything the staff asked for him and he wore the Houston jersey with pride and dignity! Hope we can attract more solid personalities like him! Gives me good reason (beyond the Rockets) to intently watch the draft this year!

3 Likes

Good luck Q. Thank you for the memories!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1380602904462102532?s=19

5 Likes

Best of luck to Big Shot Q! Make us proud!

1 Like

Good Luck! We never make the 2021 Final Four without Grimes!

2 Likes

He showed the H-Town area ballers what’s possible.

1 Like

Interesting to note the difference in CKS’s reaction to Grimes declaring versus Hinton and Armoni Brooks declaring. In hindsight, I think Armoni ended up making the right decision, especially after what happened with the Covid season. Things have ended up working out for Hinton too.

1 Like

Yeah
 Hinton was a mind blowing decision on why he left. Should of waited one extra year. With him & Mills UH would of probably push Baylor to the limit.

2 Likes

Hinton staying an extra year would be great for our team, but I don’t think it would have done anything for his draft stock. He would still get all of his offense out of kickouts and offensive rebounding, and I don’t think we’d run any actions specifically for him. He would continue to show that’s he’s a good shooter and defender, and excellent rebounder, but that doesn’t move the needle for the NBA.

1 Like

I think he would of gotten drafted scoring in an efficient way. Maybe 1st rd. We’ll never know.

Thank you Q! You were a tremendous basketball player and an outstanding young man off the court. You have made UH proud!

We’ll be rooting you in your pro career just like we did here at home.

GoCoogs!

2 Likes

The kid epitomizes class!!!

Go make your dreams a reality Q and we’ll be cheering you on every step of the way!!!

2 Likes

Does he read Coogfans? Some of y’alls posts are written directly towards him. lol

Dear Quentin:

Please ignore UHCoog’s post. As misguided and uninformed as he is, he does not know what he’s talking about. We all appreciate everything you’ve done and hope you do really well in your big draft coming up soon. Take care
and see you at our next scheduled croquet match.

Cheers and good health!

Love,
Coogfans

9 Likes

Haha

1 Like

Hinton’s playing on the Mavs
 He made the right choice.

1 Like

He’s not playing any consistent mins whatsoever. Where do u get that He’s playing. Not part of the reg rotation at all. I have no opinion at all on whether he should have stayed another year. But his former coach at UH pretty much hinted that he should have stayed one more year. CKS has way of saying it w/o mentioning player’s name.

Edit: comes down to do you want to get more exp at College level or GLeague level where you’re getting paid.

1 Like