Any chance Grimes returns? (Update: Grimes Declares for NBA Draft)

He’s getting minutes in the Mavs and completely focused on basketball every single day… He may have gotten drafted this year… Maybe… But he definitely made some money over the last year and is in the NBA… I think that was his goal. He’ll get more PT next year.

He’s literally playing for the Mavs and on a $450k salary.

Not bad at all.

6 Likes

Not saying it’s bad. I’m disputing the post saying he’s getting mins. He’s played in 10 gms…all garbage time as they call it in NBA…not by me. He’s played at most 2-4 mins in those gms, w 1 exception where he played 6 mins at end of gm.
G League is over so he’s back w the team or would be w GLEAGUE.

1 Like

If you are projected to get drafted I say you have to declare because you could get hurt and it would be all over. If you aren’t getting info you will be picked you are getting horrible advice if you declare and based on the numbers a lot of players are getting terrible advice.

Some kids are happy to try their hand at catching on with a G league contract or playing overseas. I selfishly wish there was more incentive for these fringe kids to stay in school.

Bingo! It’s no longer about getting drafted but about just getting your foot in.

Or cut… Or overseas… But he’s at least getting on the court in the NBA… On a playoff team…He made the right decision.

1 Like

Thanks Q! GATA at the next level. EATEMUP!

1 Like

Mo Coogs in the NBA mo better.

3 Likes

“GATA” sorry, not familiar with the acronym… Get After That A$$??? lol :crazy_face:

…GATA = “Get After Their A$$”… could have used a much better choice of words.

https://twitter.com/PerkTraining/status/1396487056688238602

2 Likes

Can’t wait until he gets drafted. Go Coogs

A few things are working in his favor:

20 year old junior
3 pt shot
Great size for the SG position
Solid defender

1 Like

21 yr old.

You think it’s going to happen?

I sure hope it does!!

His pre draft workouts are going to be important. He definitely has a good shot to get drafted.

He was 20 years old during his Jr season.

Yes. He still has some upside.

He’s 21. Thanks.

1 Like

He hasn’t played for UH since early April. He was only 20 years old when he declared for the Draft and teams started to evaluated him closely. I’m sure he’s been getting better since then.

1 Like