Any national ranking next week?

I’d rather have an experienced team that wins all the games by “some” rather than a team that wins some games by a “bunch”. Our history has us losing way too many games that we shouldn’t.

1 Like

The season is on the line this week.

Win and we are back
Lose and we are not

3 Likes

If we want to be ranked, we have to beat em by 20 minimum

Nah not necessarily. It depends now how other teams ahead of us do as well. If we win by a last second field goal but 3 or 4 teams slightly ahead of us lose, we could be ranked.

I’m not overly concerned about the rankings. I’m not expecting us to win the conference, little alone go undefeated. If we go undefeated, win the conference championship and someone like Boise State is ranked 1 spot ahead in the end, I’ll still be ecstatic of how the season turned out.

1 Like

As I said with AZ, we do not just need a victory…

We need an absolute ROMAN TRIUMPH!!!

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you expect a Conference Championship!!. That’s very realistic goal. Either UH or Memphis are heavy favorites to win WEST Division . Can assure you that’s what coaches and players are striving for. " You play to Win the Game" :laughing:

Lauren is now my hall pass.

I expect a Curb Stomping after the AZ game…King was playing a video game last week…

I can hope for it. I won’t expect it. Not sure why anyone else “expects” it. We have played two games in Houston. Both opponents were bad enough last year to make a coaching change. Neither opponent has even won a game this year versus an FBS opponent.

I’ll raise my expectations a little if we beat Texas Tech.

1 Like

I think you are right on target shaggy. Too soon to schedule the parade.

1 Like

Texas Tech has not beaten an FBS opponent also…

If UH beats Tech, there is a good chance Tech will start the season 1-5with a win over Lamar.

To be clear I said raise my expectations “a little.”

Two reasons:
3-0 against unproven teams better than 2-0 against unproven teams.
Beating an unknown opponent outside the city limits says more than beating unknowns within the city limits.

People weren’t shocked or saying the sky was falling with our close losses to Tech or ranked Memphis last year. Getting crushed by Tulsa on the road and then losing to Tulane on the road is when even reasonable fans were worried about the coaching staff and the direction of the team. Beating Texas Tech on the road might not be a marquee moment, but it goes a long way to repair the damage done from last year.

2 Likes

Well–OK, but what if Tech smashes UT?

2 Likes

Still wouldn’t be a win over a FBS team. :wink:

9 Likes

Will be the only time this year I’m rooting for Tech to win.

2 Likes

I bet if Boise loses to Ok State, especially if it’s not super close, we’ll get a big boost from voters switching their Cinderella vote from them to us.

1 Like