Are the Texans simply trying to be a clone of the Patriots?

I think you’re describing sheep, not bandwagon fans. When I think of bandwagon types, I think of people who only support you when you are winning. The crazy thing?? I’m a season ticket holder. I love football. It’s a great way for me to spend time with my son. UH games are a family affair. The Texan games are just the 2 of us. He hates watching games on TV but loves to go. I want that Sunday with him. Man it’s getting harder and harder to justify writing that check every year.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Sheep better describes what I mean.

Here is a possible explanation. Easterby sets himself up as some kind of deeply religious dude and uses that to ingratiate the owner of the team. That owner is Janice McNair, who is 84 years old, an age and gender often ripe for these types of con men. Once sold on someone, they can do no wrong in the eyes of these women, or men for that matter. We don’t go to his church, but if Joel Osteen said a duck is a dog, my wife would expect that duck to be barking and chasing cars; and she’s only 70.

Although Janice McNair has given the reins to Cal, she still has say so and, as the saying goes, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Other than that, I can’t understand how that snake oil salesman has gotten such power.

1 Like

And we hated Bud Adams - at least he tried and was aggressive. He stood his ground.

Cal’s press conference was a joke recently and his lack of experience is showing in how can these outsiders come in here and run everything? He’s influenced too easy and it’s apparent they are intimidated when certain athletes speak out on things

1 Like

This is an opinion of a caller. It could be very, very accurate.

https://twitter.com/SportsRadio610/status/1349343986331357187

1 Like

Can you give a synopsis, I can’t get it to come up.

Click on this link to see if you can get into the podcast. Once the page opens up go to the very bottom of the page and click at the arrow, that arrow will allow the podcast to play. If they ask you to sign up for the app just click it off (X it out) and go back and click that arrow again.

Well, all I get is live broadcast now talking about Hardin.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

1 Like

The McNair family needs to sell the team! Easterby has his claws in Cal! I’m not a fan of the Texans but I hate seeing my local team being this bad

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t get the impression that the McNair’s have any desire to sell the team.

If they did the team would probably be moved

Not if they were sold to the right owner.

2 Likes

The team is hilariously profitable, and that shows no signs of changing. Add to that the fact that their lease extends another 15 years or so, and yeah…they’re not moving.

2 Likes

so why would McNair sell them?

I wish the city of Houston would buy the team, similar to what the city of Green Bay did with the Packers. This way all decisions are made by a committee of well-informer/well-qualified people and not some dimwit owner. I bet the Texans would be a top-notch, Superbowl-winning team then if it is owned by the city instead of by an idiotic owner!

The NFL has specifically banned that ownership model for any other franchise.

3 Likes

They could all come from this website . . . . .

1 Like

Really? Why? What kind of crap that is? Then why they let Green Bay do it?

That was the ownership model in GB when they entered the NFL and at that time the NFL made the rule to prevent any other city owned teams. This came up when the Oilers were moving. The idea was floated to take the oilers by eminent domain and be owned by the city.

1 Like