Are the Texans simply trying to be a clone of the Patriots?

But what if Bud Adams agreed to sell the team to the city? Would the NFL have a problem with that? I think if the city of LA or NY have an interest in buying their team that wanted to move to another city and the owner agreed to it the NFL wouldn’t have a problem with it. I think they probably have stricter rules for the city of Houston versus LA or NY.

remember who makes the rules, a bunch of very wealthy people that part of their wealth comes from being able extort large sums of money from cities to build billion dollar playpens with sweetheart leases.

4 Likes

Damn! You make 100% sense! No freaking wonder!

1 Like

What is it about this Easterby guy? Seriously the guy has no background in football but he has a huge amount of influence based on his “character”. What does that mean?

The McNairs are a deeply religious family and Easterby has used his religion to ingratiate himself with them. He has become attached to Cal through spiritual means. I don’t know if you would call him a spiritual advisor, but he has some kind on spiritual bond that will not be broken by anyone other than Cal or Easterby himself. I have seen first hand how people can use a spiritual bond to manipulate individuals or entire congregations. To me, it is one of the worst kind of con artists.

7 Likes

He is like that court jester from medieval time who started out simply as the guy that keeps the king entertained and over time has manipulated his way into being the king’s trusted advisor. Very dangerous for the king too, if I may add, if he has an ulterior motive beyond simply some monetary gains.

Bingo!

I haven’t seen this much influence by a religious dude since Rasputin.

That didn’t end well.

Can Easterby cure hemophilia?

1 Like

The McNairs are not inbred like the Romanovs

1 Like

You sure? Have you heard Cal in a press conference? That guy sounds like he is few bricks short a load in the IQ department.

1 Like

I dunno…is there an Arkansas connection ?:smiley:

Ain’t no con, like the religion con.

2 Likes

It sounds like Cal presented the hiring process one way and scrapped it for his own process. It sounded good, but very flawed in the execution. At that level, you can’t say you are going to do it and not follow through. Cal had the right to do whatever he wants, but should not have made promises to do something else.

Urban Meyer should have been the guy. The guy has won everywhere he has gone.

I actually don’t mind the Caserio hire. I think he can be pretty good. Just because Bill O’Brien seemed pretty incompetent as a GM, doesn’t mean every person at the Patriots is the same.

1 Like

naw. we’d have to win consistently, or at least challenge for rings.

Texans forever marred by:
weird ownership decisions
weird gm calls
weird o-line aka lack of qb protection.
changing a working formula on defence, aka not finding life after wade phillips

Patriots could find guys off the street and make them bangers. Texans dump assets for one fix while destroying what was working.

1 Like

I always found it odd that Wade has jumped around so much. His defense has been successful at every stop…

2 Likes

His defense didn’t work for high tempo offences. It’s prone to other things also. Most players don’t enjoy it.

Yes. I use to be a big Texans fan but the team just turned me off as a fan. The ownership has turned the franchise into a laughing stock and a joke. It is clear they care more about the financial outlook of the franchise over championships. I went to a job fair once and the whole thing was just an ego boost and brag about the franchise. They gave us a little talk and then gave a tour of the facility. The whole time all was repeatedly mentioned is how great and profitable the Texans are then at the very end people are told oh if interested in a job go apply online. Told me all I needed to know. They don’t want to create their own identity. First it was let’s be the Broncos with Kubiak and now its let’s be the Patriots starting with that joke O’Brian.

1 Like

when you’re still in the top 20 franchises in the effing world, what incentive do you have to win when you know you can put out pee wee players and still fill the stadium?

1 Like

The Packers are owned by stockholders–not the city. The Packers organization is a non-profit.

Very interesting read in the “Community Ownership” section of the wiki:

Green Bay Packers - Wikipedia

1 Like