Are the Texans simply trying to be a clone of the Patriots?

The Texans are in real trouble. No leadership, poor PR, horrible judgements dnd now their best player is leaving… or will soon. Even if the Chiefs OC gets the gig, that won’t help stem the tide. Poor vision and now dissension. They’ve gone to good to bad in one year.

Well, there was that Jim Jones guy.

1 Like

Maybe they can make a trade of Watson for Brady . . . . .

It seems every time something bad happening with one of our sport teams the national media is ready to pounce on it and try to manipulate the outcome of it in the worse possible way for the team. For example, once the media got a hold of the fact that Deshaun wasn’t happy with the way he was left out of the searching process for a GM all I’ve heard the media saying is how Deshaun should leave the team asap.

Numerous sports anchors and podcasters have been discussing which team Deshaun should be heading for. It is quite obvious to me they want him to leave Houston and they want nothing but the worst possible outcome for the sports fans of this city.

There is an obvious bias against this city that I don’t think other cities across the country have to deal with. For example, when I told people in the east coast I grew up in Houston they always have negative things to say, such as: “It’s too damn hot” or “Too damn many Mexicans.”

I also don’t like the fact that when the Astros got caught with stealing signs the entire national media blasted them for it nonstop on a daily basis for 2 consecutive years and those ESPN talkin-heads took it extremely personally and went out of their way to call the Astros “The Cheaters!”

“Those cheaters should get their World Series title stripped from them and lose several first round picks for it! The World Series title should then be given to the Dodgers” is what I’ve heard several ESPN talking-heads (Stephen A and Stan Verrett) were saying.

However, now that the Yankees are also being exposed as sign stealers and are fighting in court to keep documents that expose their cheating ways from being released to the public, you don’t see a single one of these shady ESPN
hypocrites come forward to talk about their favorite team’s cheating!

There are also former players that came out to say that “sign stealings” also happened at other teams across the entire league during and after their playing days, but you would never see any of those sore-losing Yankees fanboys at ESPN talk about such a fact.

The Yankees have won 27 World Series titles using any tactics they could think of to get them, but God forbids the lowly Astros won one by denying their beloved Yankees from winning their 28th and 29th World Series titles! And what about the Red Sox and Dodgers? I’ve heard they have won a few titles using underanded tactics as well! But you would never see those lying hypocrites at ESPN mention them!

BTW, in regard to Stephen A, he spent an entire year trying to convince LeBron James from signing with the Rockets in his show and to sign with the Lakers instead.

Every time his co-anchors or his guests mentioned the fact that the Rockets would be favored to win championships for the next several years if LeBron signed with the Rockets, Stephen A would would argue extremely vehemently against that idea and instead offered the Lakers several maneuvers they could take in order to get LeBron to the Lakers and sign enough pieces around him to win championships in LA instead.

So many people argued with him that that idea didn’t make as much sense since the Rockets only needed LeBron, the Lakers needed to sign at least two other super-stars beside LeBron in order to win the title, but he had none of it!

He even said that it meant more for LeBron to win a championship with the Lakers than with the Rockets since LeBron would get to win with a more prestigious organization! Yeah, like this doesn’t prove there are bias in the media or bias from these “journalists,” like Stephen A, right?

5 Likes

I think Watson is the second highest paid player in the NFL right now.

If he passes gas, it’s going to be national news.

Yes the Texans are striving to the the Patriots. The 2020 Patriots!

1 Like

Remember these last few weeks when Cal McNair comes looking for your vote for a bond to renovate NRG Stadium

Followed up by Cal and Co. threatening to move the team to San Antonio or some horse crap when heavan forbid they may get asked to sacrifice .5% of their with for their own upgrades.

Promptly followed by the voters approval like well trained dogs.