As a WVU fan I have no bias here

Highest attended at the rob and we still didn’t sell it out. Was that the game where their qb complained about the condition of the field and sprinkler heads sticking out of the turf high enough to trip over ?

I do miss that stadium, despite it being a dump.

1 Like

UH fits the PAC much better than TT, TCU, or Baylor.

UH is RU/VH like every PAC school. Baylor and TCU are not.

UH has much better research than Baylor, TCU, and TT. UH is ranked by the “Top American Research Universities” like every PAC school. Baylor, TCU, and TT are not.

UH is in a huge city. Baylor, TCU, and TT are not.

UH has a great recruiting area. Baylor, TCU, and TT do not.

UH is not a religious school.

8 Likes

Noticed you are no longer saying that UH is definitely PAC 12 bound. You have claimed in the past that Chris Pezman told you so. Now you are saying " if PAC expands".

Robertsoooooonnnnn!!! Palm trees rule!!!

1 Like

We were selling out the Rob regularly during late Keenum years. Once we beat OSU and Tech that one year the crowds started coming, but of course as we are gaining major momentum a Big 12 school steals a coach from UH and we lose all the momentum and have to rebuild. Hard to sustain momentum as a program and gain continuous large attendance when are rebuilding the Football program every three to four years.

1 Like

No I think the TT game was highest, there was an overflow crowd outside watching it on a big screen TV

We’ve had sellouts in Robertson and TDECU.

It can be done!

1 Like

If WVU does end up in the AAC it won’t be until after 2025. WVU would vote to disband and leave the Big 12 early, ONLY IF we get an invitation to the ACC. WVU will remain in the Big 12 and make ESPN, Tex-ASS, and OU pay every cent they owe, and take every second on the clock from them that we can until we get what we want, or they pay their money, and/or they remain in the Big 12 every second till 2025. Now once all the money is paid, and all the required time has been spent…THEN WVU MIGHT LOOK AT THE AAC, but I still doubt it. From what I’m hearing is that even a depleted Big 12 will earn more in revenue than the AAC…it seems more likely that the Big 12 (if it doesn’t disband early) will likely take teams from the AAC rather than the other way around. Now it will be interesting to see what happens to the ACC 10 years from now. If the ACC doesn’t renegotiate that TV contract and get fair market value from it, then Clemson and FSU will be gone and eventually WVU will be invited to join the ACC. Now certainly an ACC without Clemson and FSU would lose revenue, but if its similar or more than what WVU is making in either the Big 12 or the AAC then WVU would leave to the ACC…travel costs, and traditional rivalries would be the deciding factors even if money is just equal.

I don’t think the Pac is going to expand at all. If they did and don’t do a full merger (a full merger seems very unlikely) I could maybe see something just like adding OK State and Tech and not including us, but you could make a case for us over either.

It’s hard to see TCU getting in over us and especially hard to see Baylor in the Pac12 under any circumstances.

Makes no sense. They may already be too big as Colorado and Utah don’t pull much weight. Utah has 3.16 million people. Colorado has 5.7 million.

1 Like

Only real way I can see it would be if Amazon or someone indicates they really want a big chunk of the Pac-12 rights but want more inventory. Or maybe ESPN pulling strings behind the scenes and encouraging the Pac-12 to add a couple of B12 schools like Ok State and Tech (while maybe doing the same to do something like get Kansas and WVU to the ACC) to kill off the Big 12 and get UT and OU to the SEC quicker.

I don’t think the traditional expansion rationale will support adding anyone available otherwise though.

1 Like

Exactly…if ESPN wants out of a 150 MILLION DOLLAR LONGWHORE NETWORK HOLE THEY DESPERATELY NEED 4 Big 12 schools to vote to disband the Big 12 conference, now if the ACC invited WVU then I’m sure WVU would gladly be one of those 4 votes…and if Houston, TCU, TTU, and oSu Joined the PAC then I would think ESPN should give a good deal to the Pac when their TV contract expires in 2024…so the only question in my mind is…HOW BADLY DOES ESPN WANT OUT OF PAYING150 MILLION DOLLARS FOR A WORTHLESS LONGWHORE NETWORK?

PAC annoyed me with their usual glacial slowness and foot dragging regarding expansion. So i said IF in one post…
Yesterday, CBS sports had an interview with new PAC 12 commish and flat out asked him, “Is PAC 12 expanding?” If a conference has no expansion plans, then they simply answer NO…PAC commish didnt do that. He said " I am not going to answer that question". which is what you say when you have plans and wish to dodge the question until you ARE ready to answer it.

4 Likes

The PAC is secretly negotiating for the new media contract for when the one expires in 2024…it will be agreed upon now, and announced after the negotiations begin in 2024…I think the PAC will expand…I think that the ACC and ESPN are trying to coerce ND to join the ACC but I think ESPN will still need the WVU vote and the ACC will invite them.

You keep endorsing OK State and Tech over us, but what is your reason for that? The entire state of Oklahoma has less people than the Houston metro and OU already owns most of that state! So, you’re saying a school that has a fan base smaller than UH and with most of the state’s fans belonging to OU is a better option than UH? Please! And how the heck is Tech a better option than UH? UH is sitting on a metropolitan of over 7 million people versus Lubbock that has slightly over 250,000 people and that makes Tech a better option than UH? You’re full of it! Oh year, your only argument is that these other schools are currently “Power5” right? But even with that Power5 status and money what have they done? Whatever man, the PAC 12 is really hungry for that combined 375,000 fan base between these two schools versus 7+ million people! Stop it dude, you’re making me laugh!

1 Like

I could see UCLA fans going to visit the buddy holly museum and also some tractor racing sounds like fun and stay at the motel 6.

3 Likes

In Waco you can visit David koresh grave and eat at only in and out burger in town.

1 Like

WVUFAN, i hope you are right… for both our schools.

2 Likes

The perception of UH outside of Texas is more favorable than it’s perception within Texas because if you haven’t spent your entire life being spoon-fed the bs that there are only longhorns and aggies then you can let the merits speak for the institution. If you do that, a lot of what makes UH great is hard to ignore, let alone degrade as second-rate. If you try to find equivalency in location, diversity and mission, you may even start to think of UH as a younger UCLA. Maybe.
But I wonder how often they have been referred to as “Bruin High” by their in-state brethren.

4 Likes

It almost sounds like the government burned the wrong place down in Waco

1 Like