aTm on probation

Red, they flat out stink( if not that, at least overrated)…EVERY year. Their schedule last year was no joke, but when will it ever get better for them? What about the year before that, and the times they had Sumlin? Any better? We’re talking mostly about their ROI, their talent level, and how it all relates to winning. I’m not hating on them, I’m pointing out the above.

Also, you made the point that the bottom of the SEC can beat the bottom of the big 10, pac 12, big 12 and ACC. I don’t want to hear about how good those teams where on paper or depth issues…you made the statement that the SEC bottom can beat anybody’s and that simply isn’t true. You didnt mention conference usa or the sun belt for a reason. You felt they weren’t good enough to apply. FACTS determine they were, even with way less talent than the rest of the “p5” conferences.

It’s not just aggie dropping should-win games, it’s a chunk of the conference. Remember 2018 when Troy beat LSU? Mississippi state lost to South Alabama? Im pretty sure Auburn struggled with Mercer as well. Again roster issues or coaching duds should not factor in if you’re going to put them in untouchable range. You made the claim not me.

It’s a fact the SEC has won the most NCs in the past 15 years or so, but we have look at WHO in that conference has done it. It’s mostly two teams…and while those 2 or 3 teams are on the big stage, the rest of the conference is losing OOC games. No one is intimidated by the SEC mediocre teams, and rightfully so. Outside of last year, what’s aggie excuse for wetting the bed?

Edit: look at the date on the Cal game. That wasn’t last year.

1 Like

When I say I hate ut, I am referring to the institution. I also have several friend’s that are sips.

2 Likes

The problem for A&M In the Sec is that they are among equals minus Vandy. All the fan bases are great and they are flagships in their respective states. Also the Sec does have bag money
and cheating. A&M was used to being more dominant in the old SWC then even in the big12 where at least they thought they were a better school / program than at least half the schools. A&M might have more problems cheating bc UT will tell and they are prob watching them. The Sec teams from La onto Fla have a culture of not telling on each other but A&M is on an island bc other Texas schools could turn them in. A&M will have to try and win with less cheating which is tougher.

So, when a team loses to a crummy team it means they are crummy as well? Kind of like when we lost to UConn in 2015, or the many times over the years we lost to teams we were supposed to beat.

Not trying to go full strawman at the moment. The 2015 team was upset but we were top of the conference. You’re straying from your original point…that was suggesting lower level SEC clubs could beat lower level OOC foes.

Cal was lower level poo and so was ole miss that year. It just so happened when they laced up the cleats one team walked off feeling a lot less like poo. It wasn’t an SEC team. The bottom 3 in any “P5” conference can beat the bottom 3 in the SEC. The top teams in “G5” conferences can beat the bottom 3 in the SEC. To be exactly, no one, absolutely no one is intimidated by Arkansas, Vandy or Ole Miss.

While we’re on the 2015 Coogs, send Vandy our condolences. Lol

1 Like

Quick, I need a tissue.

2 Likes