Attendance tonight 40,873

I have four season tickets and my partner who has two of them has yet to go to a game so I took a picture of our seats to show him the view.

This picture was taken in the first quarter and the lower bowls filled up much better by half time

However, the upper decks outside the 20’s never filled and the visitor end-zone was VERY sparse.

Finally, as we got control of the game by half time I walked around the concourse and watched the band from the deck in the other side and then one possession from our end zone concourse. There were three kids throwing the football with plenty of room to play. I could walk right up to the front and see. It was not full.

So, no way was the stadium was 75% full at the start, but may have been equal to that or greater by the 2nd quarter.

Had we been playing tech or ok state, the place would have been jammed but it was UCONN. When I was on their side, no kidding, I saw ONE person wearing UCONN colors

It’s not our fault we play teams no one wants to see.

For those who hate on Gilmore. He has not been on the air i believe he is dealing with cancer. Thought you guys would want to know.

Aggies have never been good at math !!

Most butts in seats was about halfway 1st qtr as you can see in this photo. There is another pic of those that were suspended for the game that clearly shows the stadium was pretty full with only the corner showing but I can’t find it.

He is dealing with a blood cancer, but it’s not something that has slowed him down. He’s still working every week and did the UNC-FSU game yesterday.

A huge issue for buts in seats is weak concessions. We stay at least 20-30 min waiting for food in certain sections. I’ll remember to take a pick next time.

SMH at another stupid aggie.

The place wasn’t full by any means but 10,000 empty seats is a trolling.

2 Likes

These are reasonable estimates of attendance by zone at TDECU

And I still maintain that my math is correct when I say that 30,000 attendees in a stadium with a 40,000 capacity means the stadium is 75% full.

Putting it in a spreadsheet doesn’t make it true. Lol

4 Likes

Thanks. But it’s not useless. Please add the feature.

Um, 30k divided by 40k can be reduced to 3/4, which is 75%. Let’s not make a UH education look bad when that’s 4th grade math. At least it was when I went through.

30k would be 60% in a 50k stadium.

This had become the most petty thread on coogfans this far. Thanks Tamu troll! Can we stop now?

I’m a quantitative thinker. I’m trying to be as specific as I can to explain how I got to 75% full. I hoped that would allow us focus on the source of any variances. Which areas do you think are wildly off?

You need to sit on a plug and quit pulling numbers out of your rear !!!

Troll on, troll.

The university announced our highest student attendance in TDECU stadium with over 6,000 scanned in and you put the student section as less than full?

Also, you left out the suites. I’ll help you with two. We share two suites with 32 seats but have 44 total season tickets (SRO). For Thursday, we had 5 no-shows (4 kids and one parent). So, we were over capacity. Add that to your stupid spreadsheet. And then add the other 22 suites and couple of sky decks. Then add the concourses. Then add the people who never leave the club (I don’t understand it but there are dozens who never go outside). Then add the 1,000+ overflow students you left off your list.

There were easily 36,000+ on there. To try and say there were 10,000 seats open is beyond stupid, even for an aggie.

3 Likes

Once critical mass is reached in the student section, students will self-select themselves to flow into other sections. The first place excess students go is the Eastside 200s. That’s a major reason the Eastside 200s tend to have a higher density than the Westside 200s.

When they announce attendance, it’s not based on tickets used. It’s based on tickets sold/given away. I would say a rough estimate would be about 2k no shows. 1k in the upper deck (mostly unsold scalper tickets), 500 in the North end zone and 500 scattered in the rest of the stadium.

I’ll take a sellout with 38k actually attendance on a Thursday night against a team no one locally cares about. Hopefully we get good weather and an evening time frame for Tulsa.

I have been trying to figure out what motivates you and it seems an obsession with just winning your argument and trying to take everyone else down a peg. You’re like the guy who would show up at a birthday party reminding the birthday boy he is one year closer to the grave.

We are celebrating how far we have come. All you are doing is irritating people. You’ve made your point about 100x, so why don’t you give it a rest? If you don’t we will give it a rest for you.

2 Likes

He enjoys riling people up. Lawdog figured it out. Just a troll.

A troll who buys Cougar tickets and comes to games. But a troll nonetheless.

Most boards allow you to block posts from people you don’t want to read like trolls.

Since management has decided that (because someone might quote a troll) blocking is useless, then the only recourse is the ban hammer.

If you aren’t going to let us block the idiots, then you need to police the board and keep them from posting.