Attendance

Well…the “dot counting” expert has spoken !!!

End of discussion !

The 11 a.m.games in the Houston area (or with similar climate) at this time of the year should be a point of contention when the upcoming tv contract. It is a health issue. TV networks should not decide if you will pass out or not. What is our commissioner going to do?

6 Likes

UH should tell our so called commissioner, that in the future UH home games will be at 7:00 p.m. in the month of September and if the networks want to televise them OK…otherwise FO !!

Also, we should insist on a maximum of only 1 Thursday night game per season per team !!

Last count I saw, there are 11 other teams in the AAC.

6 Likes

UH should play at night and northern teams should play at 11. The cold up north is dangerous and the heat down south is dangerous.

3 Likes

I’m open to ideas. Maybe someone bought up 2k seats the night before the game. You have any theories on why the back 6 to 10 rows were unavailable for all of those sections while seats in the middle rows were still available?

No I don’t …AND…I don’t care !!

The issue is 11 a.m. in Houston Texas in September…PERIOD!

You can apply all the sunscreen on that that you want, it ain’t gonna change the facts !!!

5 Likes

I agree. All of the southern schools in our conference should get together and make sure the commissioner adds that they can not be forced to play home games before 4pm in August and September.

Of course we still have the problem that our commissioner can’t do anything about OOC road games like Rice being at 11am.

2 Likes

I have 4 season tickets. My wife will not attend the games in the heat. I can’t get any of my kids or grandkids interested in sizzling either. So, I go it alone unless I can find someone to go with me. But, it seems masochists are in short supply among the casual football fans.

5 Likes

Playing at 4:00 pm is NOT he answer to replacing an 11:00 am game unless you want to play when it is hotter!!!

4 Likes

Is 11am games an issue? You haven’t said that before. Thank you for bringing that up. It never dawned on me or anyone else in this forum. Now we can work on a solution. Thank you

So you want our conference commissioner to go to our TV contract talks with the statement that UH, SMU, Tulane, USF and UCF will only play home games in September at night? He might as well start putting together his resume for his next job.

1 Like

The scanner didn’t read my season ticket cards. Does that mean we didn’t get counted?

If you look closely, you can see where YOU were the one who mentioned 11am games and if you don’t like them don’t move them them to 4:00 pm as YOU suggested.

A 4 PM game would he hotter at kickoff but would get better throughout the game.

3 Likes

You would think that wouldn’t have to be explained. That when you start a game at 4pm, you don’t play the entire game at 4pm. But I guess it has to be explained.

I think you might review weather reports which will tell you that typically, this time of year, it is hotter at 4:00pm and the temperatures stays hotter the next 3 hours (that’s 4 pm to 7pm) than the temperature at 11:00 am.
Changing the game time from 11 to 4 pm is not the answer. You wouldn’t think you would have to explain that…,

6 Likes

I saw a special on how “folding” is revolutionizing most every industry and field, with ultra - lightweight substrates providing even more durable and stronger material than carbon-fiber/polymer what have you. Anyway, during the broadcast they showed a computer generated example of a large mass of material unfolding to cover the opening of a stadium. It was attached to a single “pole”. Now how wind and rain would impact it I don’t know, but today would have been an ideal day for such a “canopy”.

…and vice-versa once the season progresses into November. I know a few years ago the NBA A pushed back the start of baseball season to give Northern teams a better shot at starting the season in better weather than they had been experiencing with earlier starts.

1 Like

I don’t consider it a fact that it’s hotter from 6pm to 8pm in September than 1pm to 3pm. Sorry

Not asking you to accept it. Look it up.
Anyway, we won. That’s the important thing.