Big 12 rumor of expansion, again

There is a Jimmy Hoffa, Jr so who knows?!

If its true then they’ll go straight for BYU and try to pick off an ACC school.

Recruiting is all national now. It doesn’t matter where you’re located since every single program is on TV every week. Its all about the sizzle and brand.

2 Likes

There are only two options for us and it has to be before Texas and OU leave the Big 12. PAC or ACC expand to our market. Those are the only options before the Texas and OU leave. If they do leave and a create a Group of 4 and we’re left out, then we can create a little 12 with remaining schools from Texas and we have a watered down SWC.

This is our only hope.

1 Like

Several thoughts:

-The comment about the aac running out of time per fluglar , could be that the aac will add teams to replace ones leaving bc Espn might not want to pay more for adds. If they don’t pay more then we can’t add.

-the big 12 may add up to 4 to get to 14 like normal p5s

-I trust Aldine on us to the pac12 since apparently he has talked to our AD etc. Plus Tillman and Khator remember the fiasco last time

-I also don’t any pac 12 members will leave bc of playoff expansion on the horizon so why leave

I mean if C Austin Cox tweeted it you can take that stuff to the West Virginia Yoda Bank!

2 Likes

Sigh, guys
 Austin Cox is not much better than Flugaur.

1 Like

I don’t know. He’s paid by the AAC (or he was anyway) to be the press/PR guy for the conference. I think he’s pretty legit, not some anonymous Twitter guy who makes stuff up out of whole cloth. But this may just be something he’s heard second hand. Who knows?

2 Likes

Yes, Applewhite was a disaster

1 Like

I don’t think the big 12 can pull another “pretend to expand” again and Espn might want the better programs from the aac to go there then back fill the aac and not pay more to the aac.

2 Likes

CDH has been a disaster too.

10 Likes

They do fear us.

Regardless if we go 15-0 or 0-15, P5 programs fear Houston dominating its own recruiting hotbed

2 Likes

the question is what do they fear more, houston as a p5 recruiting texas or a p5 houston and the pac-12 recruiting houston,
with khator’s relationships and Pezman’s, they should be able to call in enough favors to get the rumor mill going. Some “leaks” about pac-12 interest in UH 
maybe that pushes big12 to action.

1 Like

Record wise can’t argue that but he inherited a dumpster fire
if he turns it around he’s a hero
if not
next man up
no shortage of coaches that wouldn’t kill for the job

2 Likes

IMO it’s UH as a P5 recruiting

Even g5 programs don’t fear us with our recruiting hotbed.

7 Likes

Our ex ad did exactly that. He mentioned to a reporter that the PAC was going to extend an invitation. He had to issue a backtrack to the press when the PAC denied it completely.

1 Like

Wake us when this becomes real.

The PAC 12 is our only real possibility. Otherwise expand The AAC.

LOOK,
The PAC will expand when their GOR is close to expiration and not before

our people know all about the timeline
 we dont need any leaks, we dont need any BS, we just keep building and wait for when the time comes
 Our current AD knows what he is doing

6 Likes

My opinion is there is too much $ per school in the P5 conferences. Don’t know that adding any G5 schools is a value adder to any conference. Possibly PAC but even then that is a long shot.

2 Likes