Big12 Pack12 merger

Utah and Colorado would throw a fit.

There is an almost 0 chance this happens as any additions have to improve the PAC’s contract.

None of the schools in little 8/MWC/AAC are worth close to 30 mil.

The Pac is not taking the Big 12 leftovers.

1 Like

Mac Rhoades on 365 radio crying some more.

2 Likes

Rhodes said that Baylor will be in Power Five Conference. Good luck with that homie. “God is going to lead us into a P5” I think God has more important things to worry about.

5 Likes

Don’t forget that ESPN wants out of 150 million dollars thrown down a Longwhore network drain…The current Pac 12 contract is up in 2024…what if ESPN agreed to a substantial revenue increase for a property that is insanely more valuable that the utterly worthless Longwhore network…and all the PAC 12 would need to do is invite enough schools from the Big 12, that could vote to disband the Big 12 conference. Yeah, ESPN might pay more for a PAC property but at least it wouldn’t be utterly worthless like the Longwhore network is right now…a little money to get equity and value to escape a massive amount of money being flushed down a toilet.

How is that going to happen? There will be P4, not P5

Unless he’s using Herman semantics to say that they will be in a P5 next year, which is true.

FWIW
https://twitter.com/dillondavis3/status/1422665049815109632

If true down the line: All she wrote for the Irate8.

B10 needs one more to even it out.

ISU?
The Agriculture- Animal Research corridor of the heartland would be mostly under the B10 research umbrella.

I’d be happy for Kansas. They have put lots of their B12 $ into research at the price of bad football. (allegedly KU Hoop makes enough to pay most of its expenses)

Possible… Talk about taking a PR L if true though.

Bowlsby is desperate and doing everything he can think of to stop the AAC from consuming his conference

1 Like

I’m telling you folks, the ONLY way the AAC gets any Big 12 schools before 2025, is if 4 Big 12 schools get invited to P5 conferences…if Big 12 schools do not vote to disband then they WILL stick to the Big 12 until at least 2025.

2 Likes

I can see them talking about a scheduling alliance, but also what if the B1G raids the PAC 12 of 4 teams: USC, UW, Oregon, and UCLA/Colorado. I think we are on the path to a P2 that will break away.

If that happens, I would like to see the Big 12 pick up 4 from the Pac 12 (Az, Az St, Utah, Colorado/UCLA) and 2 (UH, Cincy) from the AAC. That would be a best of the rest that would provide a good contract (ie 15-20).

I kind of hope they do so we can get the rest of the schools back to college football.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1422680491149377540

4 Likes

Louisiana schools lol

LSU tells everyone to jump in that state - another P5? Lol

Rule of thumb I’ve noticed: newspaper guys good, radio guys bad.

1 Like

Nope…

“If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed…if you read the newspaper, you are misinformed…”
Mark Twain

11 Likes

Put me in the I don’t give a _____ classification. The dysfunctional nightmare organization previously known as the B12 has sopped up way more of my energy than I could ever have projected.

2 Likes

Eh radio is definitely more prone to hot taking them the newspaper guys. But all of them with “sources” are being used by the sources either to put pressure, start digging, or floating things with some legitimacy to get the public reaction. Everyone gets something out of the relationship.

1 Like

I just watched the Tucson TV sports report.

Not even a mention of the Bowlsby meeting.

1 Like

I subscribe to the online Portland and Eugene newspapers. Crickets. And anything that would impact Oregon and the Beavers would move to the top.

1 Like

You guys remember how they paraded us before them, several year ago, giving presentations. All the while knowing that they were not going to expand. Nothing will come of this. Karma is a B

6 Likes