Big12 Pack12 merger

This falls under the category of “________ has reached out to _________…”

Hell, I reached out to Bank of America for a ten million dollar no interest loan paid over 500 years.
You gotta reach out.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

They were talking about it on San Antonio tv news today so something must be up

Maybe, but TV stations are looking for something to run besides covering a bake sale to help dyslexic squirrels.

If Bowlsby just gets a meaningful agreement to cross-schedule, it’s a win. Whether it is too little, too late? Who knows?

1 Like

P4 is coming and B12 will not be around.

1 Like

Why would anyone want to merge with the B12 and it not be out of necessity?

Merging with those private schools and dirt road towns is something the AAC might want to do to upgrade the core of the conference. But the Pac would have to come down with acute altruism to make that move. Those schools aren’t gonna help sell TV advertising in LA and the bay area.

In fact, I submit the average fan travel would drop by 70% for away games. “OK Marge, call Huntington Beach PD and have ‘em do a safety check. Tell ‘em we’ll be in Waco for the week.”

PAC adds UH, TT, OSU and one other now that KU is gone

3 Likes

Are they wanting to just be a basketball conference?

KU is gone?

Latest rumor is all, guy is already walking it back

I don’t think the B1G is suoer interested in texting their 215am booty call just yet right they can still buy drinks at the bar

Not officially, but apparently the B1G will announce their invitation in a week or so.

They are the only Big12 leftover with any value so I can see the B1G being their ultimate destination.

Kansas doesn’t seem like a Pacific Athletic Conference school to me

I think they fit well in the Big Ten, I was just wondering if it was official.

Not official. Crazy rumors at this point but I think it happens after the smoke clears.

They have value…all of the rest of the Big12 leftovers are AAC level programs.

KU moving to the Big10 would be a good move for the Coogs. They are the only Big12 Remnant with any value. And once they break ranks, it will precipitate a reorganization that should help the Coogs.

They do fit but the move now makes no sense from the B1G’s perspective. KU like the rest of us is going to be there whenever they want. It did nothing to show strength in the face of the SEC move, in fact it looks like a huge loser mover.So grabbing KU now can only be a favor to Mickey. But since the B1G is majority Fox that doesn’t seem like favors would be granted.

Nothing about it makes real sense right now to me, Unless any swing for the fences type moves have already struck out, then you pick up KU.

So this is the guy that went trying to sale his conference’s prestige today?

2 Likes

Yeah Mack, thanks for the improved ramps and destroying the pavilions.

1 Like