BOOM! c/o 2020 Kiyron Powell Commits (Update: Signed)

Yes having them as indentured servants for more years would be great…

1 Like

There won’t be a requirement to stay a minimum amount of time if they go to college.

I believe that can chose not to come and can quit at anytime !!

Get a grip !!

Enough of this “poor player” attitude !!

1 Like

They can quit but can’t go the the NBA. Sounds fair

Ha Ha Ha - There are thousands upon thousands of young men who are very excited about the prospect of being able to sign up to be such an “indentured servant”.

2 Likes

If they quit, I could give a damn !

World needs ditch diggers also.

1 Like

Maybe I am misunderstanding the rules. But there should be no restrictions on what they can do professionally just to force them to stay in the position where they cannot get paid.

1 Like

By doing that you are making negative assumptions about the ability of Armoni and his family to (a) think for themselves or (b) come to a good decision for themselves. You are also making negative assumptions about who Armoni surrounds himself with. It’s not a positive comment about one of our former players. If you wished him well you are kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth if you are at the same time telling him he’s also kind of a weak minded fool who surrounds himself with bad influences without any idea if that’s the truth. I’m honestly curious, the circumstances are a little different, but when Kyle Allen went pro did you accuse leaches and agents of making him do it?

Pesik posted a podcast with one of Armoni’s friends interviewing him that I listened to a little of. He may be changing his story since he didn’t get drafted, but he made it sound like he was never assured he would be drafted and knew there was a pretty strong chance he wouldn’t based on the feedback he was getting, if I’m remembering correctly. However, when he was going through the pre-draft workouts he felt like he could compete with these guys and was ready to take a shot at it. He also said he only has one more semester worth of school and he can always go back.

I think I wrote this in the Armoni thread, but my personal opinion is it would have been better for him to stay for a couple of reasons. But he almost certainly wasn’t going to get drafted next year so his leaving isn’t any sort of clearly catastrophic life decision and it may be the best decision for him ultimately. I don’t know much more about him, but he’s always seemed like a nice kid from a good family with a good head on his shoulders.

1 Like

Well, if they truly believe that they are part of 0.2 % of players that are NBA material, then they opt for that right out of HS as per the coming rule. They might be D or G league and never make the NBA, but they will getting paid. Just not by the colleges.

Indentured servitude !!

REALLY

Really, I thought was to get rid of the ONE and DONE issue ?

1 Like

The NBA specifically the NBAPA doesn’t care about NCAA problems. Now that the grassroots situation is better they will open up for the benefit of the NBA.

1 Like

Not sure. There are agreements in place in MLB and NFL that are very similar in nature and appear to be accepted.

Not sure why NBA wouldn’t be any different.

However, I do agree with your statement.

2 Likes

That’s been the biggest issue is the NBA and college basketball basically don’t work together. They actually have been adversarial in the past but now it’s just indifference.

I for one don’t like the age requirements because part of growing up is making choices. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad. You live and learn from each one.

https://twitter.com/kylesokeland/status/1194719900645908481

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1194729146586288128

7 Likes

So he’s 6-10 now. Great.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1194736696765497344

6 Likes

Great to sign a big that fits the system. Future is bright when you can get a player like this out of high school

6 Likes

What I like about our incoming recruits is that they all have great upside and they are going to be playing for a coach who can get them to the next level…exciting times in UH hoops…

10 Likes

Shead and Powell already have decent guns on them. Can’t wait to see Coach Bishop go ‘Hanz and Franz’ on them!

8 Likes