BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Hey Easy ! That deserves a Flag…….

:joy::joy::sweat_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNazTRPBpVf/?igshid=1sfn7xf1j5tiw

Our boy Carlton is getting to work. Also jump shot looking pretty smooth :eyes:

4 Likes

Have to get him some Houston gear to show off

The way Powell can hit the outside shot, he could also play at the 4.

1 Like

Our man Carlton.

1 Like

7 Likes

I find it nice, but rather amazing that we are having this “debate” about who our best big man is and what other bigs are going to get lots of minutes. - When Sampson first arrived at UH and for awhile thereafter our big men weren’t really big, just tall. We had Chicken and nobody else until Kyle Meyer showed up in 2015-16. Things finally improved when Chris Harris, Breon Brady, and very young Fabian finally came on board.

Even so, we have remained a guard oriented offense and have never depended upon whoever played in the middle to score a lot of baskets. Just to play tough, consistent defense was enough. And finally having multiple guys on the team who are capable and willing to fill that role has made a big, positive difference. Like a Final Four sort of difference.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachSampsonUH/status/1666848979982639104

8 Likes

Ehh, why do they have rings for the Elite Eight?

What a great Coog. We only knew you for a short time but boy were you fun to watch. I hope this return visit is one of many over the years. Gotta admit, Carlton was one of my all-time favorites.

6 Likes

Not all-time fave for me… But a great Coog!

1 Like

I guess it was the time and place and the idea of having a legit big who went out and did legit big things.

4 Likes

I know you’re biased against little people… :rofl:

1 Like

He was solid for us @Kyle_Be_Coogin.

Maybe even underrated. Dare I say undervalued.

3 Likes

he definitely showed what a dominant big can do in our offense… just sayin… (I wish we had brought in another big this year damnit!)

4 Likes

Remember in that gym in San Antonio. All of us screaming our a— off. Kriisa throwing up bricks. And Carlton down low surrounded by three guys with legit NBA leaping ability…and him going up every crucial time to grab the ball with those long fingers for the put back or rebound.

Good lord! Tell me we havrn’t have fun watching Sampson’s teams.

8 Likes

Agreed.

Run

And

Gun.

We are going to SWARM rebounds this season…

Unlike last season.

My guess is rings for second weekend on. The deeper the run the more impressive the ring perhaps