Brandon Jones named OL Coach

Or let Tulsa hire him and they buyout is $.25. Denying Briles his guy would be worth it

8 Likes

No to Tulsa, him going there might come back to haunt us

2 Likes

Maybe it’s not FSU playing hardball. Don’t forget that the buyout is going to one of two places - UH or Randy Clements. Clements may be holding out to try to get it into his pocket. He has the most to gain or lose relatively speaking.

1 Like

WATEVAR …

Taggart and Briles may have outmaneuvered themselves with deals that the AD couldn’t cover …

The noles already have a popular OL coach who is also an alum …

Taggart may have promised KB the moon but Kendal is STILL sitting on the launching pad WITHOUT his favorite OL coach from Stephenville/Baylor

IT WILL BE INTERESTING … if it comes to Kendal teaching a popular ex-nole OL coach who Briles was trying to replace … new blocking schemes specific to the “Briles offense”

If Taggart has a bad year both him and Briles will get fired.

Clements may become UH’s highest paid quality control ever.

4 Likes

Is it worth having a disgruntled employee on staff at full price for 3 years ($1.2M) when you get out of the contract for $~$435K over 3 years?

It doesn’t seem like it although I would be telling FSU and Clements the same thing if I were Pez.

Hire the Minnesota OC that Case used to put them in playoffs…Hallelujah Case… Miracle touchdown pass… awesome game…, that day

That would be great but I don’t think Shurmer is going to resign as the NY Giants HC to become the Broncos OC. Sorry if you at ready knew that. Agree with you that the Broncos need to get somebody that knows how to take advantage of Case’s skill set.

I would have thought that Kubiak would know that and that is why they signed Case to a large contract. But then thy go out and hire that clueless NFL old school retread Musgrave as their OC.

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Looking forward to Brandon’s work!

1 Like

This is why you never give raisises to assistants when you have a weak HC. It’s a costly rescheduling of the inevitable and it doesn’t work.

3 Likes

This is turning into a P5 staff!

Maybe put him in the ticket office . . . . .

1 Like

Do I remember correctly that Dana Dimel was moved to a position as a fundraiser for a while?

It didn’t totally tank his career. His stint at UTEP along with the retirement of Bill Snyder will do that.

Dimel is a good coach. He’ll right the ship at UTEP

At that price, who has the time to be disgruntled… …I would put in a happy grin and coach.

Dimel is a decent coordinator and recruiter. Unless he has changed his game-time decision-making, I would say he falls short of “good” as a head coach. He fake punted inside our own territory only down by a score or two. There is ballsy and there is dumb… that was dumb.

3 Likes

It was at our 10 yard line.

1 Like

That was “double dumb”!!!

Coogs had a pretty good OL this past year.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1086274524046254080

2 Likes

Nice! I think that definitely can be contributed to there not being so many injuries and King doing his thing. If you think about it that stat actually dropped once Tune was forced to start.