Briles to interview at Tennessee

If Briles goes to Tennessee, does Dormady return to Tennessee for his final year of eligibility?:smiley:

1 Like

If Briles goes to Tenn are we allowed to start Dormady and not block for him?

1 Like

John Jenkins read Glenn “Tiger” Ellison’s Run and Shoot Offense of the future book. The book got Jenkins hooked on the Run & Shoot. Only issue with Jenkins and every other Run & Shoot coach was that they completely ignore the run concepts of the Run & Shoot and focused on the passing concepts, especially the choice concept. The Run & Shoot offense was suppose to be a choice/option offense. In its truest form it was suppose to be what Briles runs offensively. People call the Briles RPO offense the Veer & Shoot but the Run & Shoot was always suppose to incorporate the option concepts in the running game and the choice concepts in the passing game. Coach Ellison was trying to do what Briles managed to accomplished. Ellison just didn’t have the success Briles has had because he coached High School football and Briles perfected the offense in college at a Major conference school that had the resources to get the athletes needed to run it.

1 Like

I mean the extension makes us 1 million dollars richer in the eventuality he does leave, right? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, then him signing that extension is a strong positive and we can reinvest that money in the next OC.

Certainly, this is yet another example of why nobody should get outraged at the athletes for transferring and looking out for themselves generally.

And at this point, I’m not sure how much recruiting KB does (I vaguely recall pics of him on home visits at different points this year) but how can you send him into a recruit’s living room even if FSU and Tennessee both pass on him? It’s obvious he’s looking for the next gig.

2 Likes

It’s not as simple as playing for a national championship. It’s more simply an issue of money.

You can make a ton of money in the p5
thanks to ESPN.

1 Like

What a disgusting post! So just because you’re a questionable character that would leave for another job after just finished accepting a job offer you broadly painted others as being of the same character as you? What this SOB did is disgraceful, not to be used as an example for others to follow!

If I have just accepted a job offer and signed the contract I wouldn’t even entertain the notion of interviewing for another job! Maybe it’s because I have a conscience and I truly appreciate the opportunity that is given to me by my new employer to think that right before my new job is about to take place I would leave for another job that pays better? You might be able to live with leaving others to scramble for new employee and the betrayal you put them through, but I can’t!

4 Likes

Nonsense. If you were offered double your salary, you would take that interview, or your family would be angry with you. This post is based purely on emotion, as many fan based tirades are.

Utter nonsense. And insulting the poster does not further your point, it sullies you. Questionable character? Please. We live in a capitalist society. You know that. Get off your high horse.

9 Likes

Kendall can stay or go. We win in either case with the buyout or him staying. I don’t really care. We are UH. Remember what Coach Bill Yeoman said, “It is tough being a cougar, get used to it.”

2 Likes

How do you feel about D’onofrio not getting to coach on the last year of his contract? Or Levine, Dickey, etc?

Now I want to read it. That is great information.

Incorrect. At a certain point more money doesn’t improve your situation. So if you have a good one you should nurture and grow that.

That they shouldn’t have been coaching their next to last season either?

Why wouldn’t he sign an extension and still interview? First, the new contract sets the floor for negotiating salary and term. Second, if he isn’t hired or finds the offers insufficiently attractive, he’s got more money for the same job he did last year under the old contract.

This is easy to understand.

I still say that a good head coach and AD have a running file on quality replacements. Rady to pull the trigger on interviews for a select 3-4 guys right away.

3 Likes

If we can now collect on his buyout contractually, we should effectively cut him loose and have a new OC ready to go the next day

I still do not understand how Briles could have permission to interview with others instead of doing his job at UH.

We have a Bowl Game and recruiting going on.

If any of you did that you would be fired.

So why isn’t Briles fired?

5 Likes

Yes, please God let’s not drag this out for a month. Next man on the list

2 Likes

Why would we even want to keep someone who is looking for a job when his team needs him to help prepare for a bowl game?

4 Likes

I agree. It’s strictly bidness. You can’t put the company above yourself. Everyone is expendable in every industry. Nothing illegal going on. Always need to keep your eyes peeled for a better opportunity. Doesn’t mean you will jump ship, just means you are seeing what the market is offering. Especially true for an up and coming OC or coach.
That said, it still sucks as a fan.

1 Like