Buffalo Bills to Austin?

How long before we start calling UTa a commuter institution?

2 Likes

The Austin (property tax) Bills

1 Like

Yea and UT doesn’t have to deal with salary caps either.

1 Like

Buffalo only has a couple hundred thousand poor folks. Where they going to get a billion dollars?

I think it is far past time San Antonio gets an NFL team definitely over Austin. When the Saints played in the Alamo Dome after Katrina they packed the stadium every game.

1 Like

If Austin wants an NFL team they can have the Texans!

6 Likes

Toronto has a NBA team and a MLB team (and of course, NHL). Look for Toronto to quietly toss the idea around.

I just can’t see Jerry Jones and Cal McNair wanting to split the pie, so Austin or San Antonio are probably out as real possibilities for relocating the Bills. Does this sound right?

Austin Defunders!!

1 Like

Perhaps the best way to rid ourselves of Cal McNair.

2 Likes

UT can’t stop them bc it’s a huge asset for the city to have an nfl team.

1 Like

The austin Conference Killers. Oops! My bad! That name is already taken!

1 Like

Paying for a new stadium in Buffalo shouldn’t be much of a problem. And the local folks there may not even need in chip in a dime.

All they need to do is call Washington, DC and say that money is needed for “infrastructure”. Remind them that “Buffalos” are a protected species and that, functionally-speaking, defensive linemen are “first responders”. Also, remind whoever answers the phone in DC that President William McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo in 1901. He was very popular (except, of course, with the guy who shot him), but he has no presidential library. So, if you put a picture of President McKinley and a book about him in a luxury box, the new stadium can become “a presidential library”. Utilization of enough buzzwords should be able to open up the federal money spigot enough to get a new stadium built.

7 Likes

If San Antonio couldn’t get a team, Austin won’t get a team. This is all just talk.

2 Likes

The joke goes that if San Antonio gets a pro football team then Houston’s gonna want one too. :laughing:

10 Likes

Austin Bills? sounds terrible. Kind like the Chicago Cowboys.

Wanna bet?

Oh - and have they ever sold that land they bought for their new ut-Houston? Thought not - they WILL build that school! Probably will break ground right after they move to the SEC.

1 Like

Oh yeah? - Exactly where in the City of Austin would the Austin Bills play? I can think of only one (1) large football stadium in Austin, and UT controls it. - Yes, the horns can stop this. - And they would.

I do think they need to sell the land and I emailed senator whitmire recently asking. As far as the nfl in Austin, the city will override UT’s objection bc it’s big money and name recognition for the city plus there is a chance UT in the sec won’t be as threatened vs if they were in the big12. UT might be less of a problem for us now that they feel secure sorta like A&M advocating us to the big 12 when they left. Insecurity causes issues much like what baylor and the leftovers are revealing. If a city can get an nfl team, they’d be foolish to pass.

1 Like

They need to sell the land here in Houston

3 Likes

So Austin is the new Nashville. I would feel sad for the people of Buffalo. They need the Bills far more than Austin does. It would be devastating for Buffalo to lose the Bills. I wouldn’t give a damn about the State of NY.

I would enjoy the competition for the Whorns. Join the party!

1 Like