BYU front Line

Freeman, too . . . . .

I think they are all about 25 or 30. :wink:

8. Dot Nwankwo, DT, Houston

This may sound familiar: local D-line prospect. Shorter than most people like. Plays with great leverage. Very explosive. We’re not saying he’s going to be as great as Ed Oliver was, but let’s just say Houston folks are very excited about the defensive tackle who is about 5-11, 295. Nwankwko’s film in high school was eye-catching, but word is a few schools probably got a little skittish when they realized he wasn’t taller than 6-0. That was very fortunate for the Cougars.

2 Likes

Last yr in BB we played and BYU had that bald guy that looked 29. I do think and have heard their players are generally older which helps on field success.

Below is where they say their players have to do 2 yr missions therefore the 25yr old qb
see link below

And link below

It’s a big advantage at that age for maturity etc

This things fit with other things like quickness, strength and motivation

People will realize that as soon as they go back to the usual bad play griping that has nothing to do with height, weight, quickness, etc.

No one:

Player A dropped that pass. He’s not tall enough!

Also no one:

Punter A shanked the punt, why is he so slow!!!?

Not a single soul:

That offensive linemen missed his assignment. I wish he was taller!

This is my point. If 6’ and shorter guys were the preferred size for lineman then the SEC and Big and other P5 schools would be stacked with them. I am not saying that there is exceptions but I stand by my quote.

Why is “P5” the standard? Obviously you would have to pick your linemen carefully and size is not the end all be all, but no one is going out and handpicking linemen who are ALL 6’0 and shorter. Being small does not make you a bad player and being big does not make you a good player
and vice-versa.

You guys list some very good reasons on how the so called stacked schools lose to the so called lesser ones.
Some will not look at players unless they have certain measureables and that is their mistake.

1 Like

They are going to be a real test for us. They’ll allow us to see how good we are or how far we still have to go. So glad we are playing them over Rice. Rice would have told us nothing unless we lost to them.

1 Like

Watching BYU on tv tonight and announcers said they handle quarantine different. They only quarantine you for 10 days amongst other things

RED 80; MIKE WHERE DID YOU PLAY FB?? NOT EVER 6’
D GUY IS GOOD. IT DEPENDS ON SPEED, STRENGH AND
BAD ?SS
 NOT EVER 6’ 6 IS GOOD. OUR RECENT NG IS
GOOD EXAMPLE. NOT QUITE 6’2. I LETTERED 4 YRS IN
HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS ALL DIST. 2 YEARS PLAYED AT
UH FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE BAD KNEE NEEDED OPER.
I REMEMBER COTTON G. CBY LOVED HIM . PLAYED OT
AT 6 ’ 202. FROM GALVESTON WITH A MOTOR THAT
WOULD NOT TURN OFF. BACK 40 YRS AGO MOST OL
WERE 6’2 230-250 D WAS ABOUT THE SAME. OUR ALL
SWC CENTER CHUCK BROWN WAS PUSHING 6’ 0 210
VERY QUICK AND DETERMUND SOMETIMES IT NOT
THE SIZE OF THE DOG BUT THE BITE.

2 Likes

starting at right guard for BYU is 29 yr old josh bay kinds and at center 26 yr joe toner and left tackle , 25 yr old Tim baking.

Lol older and stronger

Maybe we need to send our recruits over seas in the peace corps for 2 yrs

1 Like