Cameron Tyson transfers to Houston from Idaho, sit one-play 3

both of you should totally rehash the others old posts under this topic. The rest of us will find it thrilling to read.

13 Likes

All I can add about the debate over Tyson’s ability and that other players recruited by CKS haven’t worked out, we are 2 1/2 years and two NCAA appearances from when we recruited Gabe and Mike. Our realistic recruiting “pool” has changed significantly

5 Likes

Right. And I definitely acknowledged that. But every single guy CKS recruits isn’t going to work out. That just doesn’t happen. I’m very optimistic about this guy, but thought that seemed way too high as his possible floor based on the limited information I think most of us have about him, which includes trusting CKS.

No problem Sh Aggie
but you must give Scooby extra treats today.

Her name is spelled Scoobi cause she is a girl Great Dane. Bo SS Coog?

1 Like

Not going to debate him. Just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine. He has had a history of bringing up old comments out of the blue. :sunglasses:

So let’s take a stab at the rotation this season and the next.

2019-20
Jarreau/ Mills
Brooks/Sasser
Hinton
Gorham/ Alley
White
Gresham/ Harris

2020-21
Jarreau
Sasser/Maybe Shead
Mills
Tyson
Hinton
Ledee/Mark
Gorham
Alley
White
Gresham

As you can see there may be some tough decisions to make in a couple years.

1 Like

Ledee would play center because he would be literally be our tallest 6-9 and one of the heaviest 235. His quickness and athleticism would play better there. White is only 6-7, keep him at Pf.

Not the way it works progs and is the very problem with Ohio State trying to force a kid with wing skills to the middle. I don’t doubt he plays some there but I see a lot of 4 and maybe some 3 with him.

1 Like

Not saying you are wrong putting White as starting center but I just can’t picture that being a long term solution when we play top 75 teams. He holds his own against other power forwards but I don’t see him lasting 10 minutes at the post against true post players without fouling out.

2 Likes

He’s not the quickest at the wing that’s why his defense suffered and wasn’t playing much until he grew a few inches and got bigger physically with in 6-8 months. He has finally stop growing, so now he can just work on his game.

No, he stopped playing because he had no idea how to defend in the post. He’s not a C, and he doesn’t want to play that position.

He will not be at UH if Sampson is selling him on playing C here.

If that’s the case, then I could see him not coming here, js.

The reason I like White at center, and maybe it ultimately doesn’t work, but it enables us to get all 3 PFs in the rotation opposed to both centers. I prefer to rotate Harris and Gresham with the the one playing the best getting the first min each game off the bench. So really I prefer Alley being the 2nd off the bench opposed to the 3rd in order at PF.
Plus that gives us more spacing and offensive ability to start the game and can save some early fouls on our Gresham/Harris combination.

Cincy and Ucf gave us fits and beat us because they had a solid and very tall center. Just remember how the rebouding went against those two conference foes. Even LSU to a certain extent, js.

Yet, we beat Cincy 2 out of 3 times. Split with UCF. Beat LSU, without Jarreau.

2 Likes

Yes, but look at Kentucky. We were fortunate to be that closed. Just looked at the first half. It’s a difference between a Sweet 16 and a Final Four run.

OK I get where you are coming from. But then I’d have White listed as center and backup forward and move Alley to back up Hinton on the wing.

If you think UH can compete fairly evenly with the likes of Kentucky or Duke or North Carolina or even Memphis on the recruitment of nationally ranked 7 ft HS centers then I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

Remember the days when we had to worry about roster turnover on a year to year basis because players just didn’t like the culture? We’re talking THIS decade. Now we’re talking about limited scholarship numbers because players actually want to stay, and the ones who leave are leaving early for the NBA. Who woulda thought the difference a head coach makes? :rofl:

7 Likes