Cameron Tyson

Currently on campus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1119756337389473794

1 Like

This is another why is he transferring since it wasn’t a playing time issue.

Wants to move to a bigger better program and compete for time.

1 Like

This would be a nice pick up and fits the Coogs style.

1 Like

his team was flat horrible (5-27)

Wonder if he’ll be eligible to play this season coming up.

no, idahos staff still in tact, he is only a freshmen, and houston is actually further from his home than idaho…so any story about needing to be closer to home would make no sense.

he is a sit one play 3

ill be honest when I first heard we were recruiting him a month ago, i wasnt very high on him and hoping it was just an interest thing and not serious (i feel we can get higher touted guards from the 2020 class), probably still not high on him now but if we are doing an official visit it must be getting serious. ill just trust coach

1 Like

I mean… If he has to sit, why not just save that ship for 2020. I’ll wait to see who actually signs.

Any word on Tyreek Smith visiting ??!

1 Like

Started all but one game as a freshman, averaging 14 ppg. We must like him because of his three-point shooting. He set his conference’s freshman record for threes and shot 43% beyond the arc. Idaho’s coach said he has NBA three-point range. Yeah, Idaho sucks. Damon Jones and Galen Robinson were juniors when we won three conference games.

2 Likes

Great points, Sam. If the staff thinks he can help us, I’m “high” on him

3 Likes

Reference on 4/21 not applicable.:grin:

1 Like

Coming out of HS on 247 Sports:

3 Star
National - 451
SG - 102
WA - 8

Tyson shot 43% from 3 on 247 attempts :flushed: For comparison, Armoni shot 39% on 310 threes and Davis shot 37.5% on 296 threes.

We need a knockdown shooter after Armoni leaves and this guy looks like he might be able to fill that role.

6 Likes

not to nit pick…he played for a team that was horrible in a horrible league
(with a horrible OOC)

comparing armonis stats or just flat looking at his stats makes no sense, good teams specifically game planned for armoni and put their best and tallest defenders on him .

armoni could only get easy looks in transition…note: armoni was doing 66% from 3 when we played really bad competition to start the year

dont get me wrong the guy can shoot but some of you guys are removing the context …similar to how i dont think anyone on Georgia state is a better shooter than armoni despite having 6 players who shot a higher percentage than him (with 4 of them over 150 attempts)…nor would i want anyone on that team besides simmonds (the one player who had less than 40%)

2 Likes

The flip side is that he might have been the biggest threat on a really bad team where opposing defenses could focus on him. It can cut both ways.

4 Likes

he wasnt the top scorer on the team, not that much better than the 3rd best either

ps i have no problem if we land the kid…like i said he can shoot… would have been a dream pick up 2 or 3 years ago …im just worried about scholarship limits for 2020

we are only for sure losing 2 ships, meaning if we use both open 2019 schoolys on transfers, we will only have 1 more ship for 2020… i dont mind getting transfer bigs as we are only in on 2 touted bigs and we arent favored to land either in 2020…but im more hesitant on the guards as we are in on 8-9 guards/wings that are relatively touted (are a favorites or top 3 for all of them)

3 Likes

My fan’s view is that I would rather get Cryer or the PG from either Louisiana or North Carolina along a big man, Aku or Katt. But in CKS I trust.

2 Likes

Katt is only a 6-7 center unless he had a growth spurt in the last six months. As far as Beekman, awesome propect. 2 way player, not a one and done but a 2 and done with CKS coaching and Bishop.

He’s taller now