Cameron Tyson

no but rivals staff had a guessing article 3days ago where they guess where every top uncommitted prospect lands…most of them voted UH for tyreek, a few voted lsu…no clue if they have inside info or it was just flat guessing

1 Like

43% from 3 on nearly 8 attempts a game is legit. He also shot 88% from the FT line. If CKS likes him that works for me.

8 Likes

The worst thing happened with this basketball team getting good are posts like these.

He shot 43% from beyond the arc, I don’t care if he was playing in the SWAC, that’s impressive as heck.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

1 Like

Ditto…

Not sure if he’d have that same 3 pt percentage against defenders in better conferences, but admittedly, averaging that number of points per game as a Division I FRESHMAN…in ANY conference is damned good.

And the FT percentage is undeniably good.

2 Likes

His FT % of 87.5% would have been the best on our team. Corey Davis was our best at 86.9% Galen was 66.7% and Brooks was 63.0%. How many games did we wish we could have had a 87.5% guy to close out games?

His 3 point % of 42.9% would have also been our best. Brooks was our best at 39.0%.

This kid is reported to have NBA three point range .Idaho had injuries this season. Only 4 players started more than 10 games. and two of them were freshmen.

1 Like

And remember HC Sampson views players in a different light then we fans do. He knows what he is looking for. Too many on here just look at a players stats or where he is coming from. Many weren’t impressed when Sampson brought in a 6’ 7" soph forward from Townson State last year who had to sit a year. . But Sampson raved about Justin Gorham all season.

Also Samspon, IMHO, likes to have a eligible roster of about 11 players. It is just hard to get 13 players PT. I think it is great to have a player here who is unconcerned about PT that season and just working with S&C Bishop and on his game/weaknesses. He is ingrained into the Sampson culture before he ever plays a minute.

And to me a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. IF WE SIGN THESE TWO PLAYERS WHO IS TO SAY WE COULD SIGN TWO BETTER IN NOVEMBER? Ledee was a 4 star local recruit. And he would have 3 years to play. And there are plenty of teams after Aku and Cryer. Samspon likely knows where we actually stand in their recruitment. I still think we stand a better chance at Valentin Catt. And yes he is now 6’ 10+ and a shot blocking machine. Yes raw offensively.

I will trust Samspon knows how to best utilize his open ships.

Sounds like a taller Antoine Davis… If he was playing for his daddy in Detroit and playing 40 minutes a night.

I don’t see where Smith is voted as a probable UH. Maybe I just don’t understand the recruiting services. I see one saying KS and one saying LSU.

I’d be leery of signing with LSU with a head coach under investigation though. Maybe that helps us.

Dammit…you…Antoine Davis!!!

Buzz Williams is working hard to get him back to A&M.

You hearing some buzz?

I’m definitely on the “trust Sampson” bandwagon, but you also can’t call scoreboard on bringing in Gorham yet considering that he hasn’t played a single minute in a UH uniform.

Figures, thats why he hasn’t scheduled any visits.

no one is denying thats its impressive… landon goesling also was a 22pt scorer per game, 40% from 3, 86% from the free thrown line at st edwards…that to was extremely impressive…

but we are talking about scholarship limits and managing them with other players that also bring impressive impressive numbers…if we get him and ledee we will only have 1 scholarship in 2020

we are top 3 for top 60 lj cryer, we are top 3 for top 50 micah peavy, we are the favorite for 4star jamal shead, we are top 3 for 4star jalen cook, we are top 3 from 4star reece beekman , we are top 2 for hayden hefner, we are top 4 from top 100 4star Dayten Holman…we are also top 3 for 2019 4star big tyreek smith …that doesnt include the about 7 other prospects we offered that many see us as the favorites (note summer recruiting hasnt even started)…we will have 1 ship total for that lot

ps: im not the coach and im not questioning sampsons’ decisions if we do decide to to take him, but as a fan i can have preference on who i’d prefer to land

2 Likes

this is what i was talking about
rivals had a round table discussion just guessing where the top uncommitted recruits go…2 of the 3 picked UH…but like i said i dont know if its based on anything or just guessing

Goesling played D2. It’s not the same.

UH does need a BIG going forward.

but the big sky is the same? … top D2 would have beaten idaho likely in blowouts

I hoping for 2 bigs.