Can new "blue bloods" be established?

There were 14 who averaged over 80k in 2019. All those you listed in your top tier do. Its an exclusive group to be considered a “blue blood”.

Some of those would be the “new money” blue bloods.

LSU
The Florida schools
Clemson

Though, in LSU’s case, it won national titles in 1908 and 1958. It was solid thereafter until the 1990s when it completely dropped off. It’s one of the top few of the 2000s.

Boom…done! Blue Blood

1 Like

When people say blue bloods it is these folks. Not going to happen.

1 Like

Not saying we would be “blue bloods”, but I do feel like being left out 25 years impacted our access to history making opportunities such as preseason rankings, “strength of schedule”, recruits, exposure, retaining coaches, avoiding the carousel drama that disrupts the teams mental focus etc… A luxury other schools take for granted, because it is. P5s and ESPECIALLY the blue bloods.

Just win and the rest will follow

1 Like

Would you have thought that Clemson was a blue blood when WVU smoked them 70-33 in the Orange Bowl? Do you think they are a blue blood right now?

Many would be surprised at the increase in attendance if we were to begin winning now that we are P5. Didn’t you see the media attention and public excitement that came with our final 4 appearance?

Clemson is not a blue blood. They are a top tier team though. Bill Gates is not a blue blood but he is top tier rich. The Carnegies and Rockefellers are blue bloods.

Blood Blood is a pretty exclusive club of elite and historically significant FB programs. Imho can a new BB be created my answer is, yes. Look at OU FB history they pretty much weren’t that significant till the 50’s Coach Bud Wilkerson came along and had a decade of solid winning and NC’s. Perception is everything. Have a solid decade of more of NC’s Heisman winners pack your 60k + stadium fanaticic’s to the rim every game. Continue to have great Coaching hires who keep the program winning with a spattering of NC’s, and Heisman winners here and there. Maybe after about 30 yrs or more the public perception perceives your FB as a pre-eminent CFB power. If you look at the Blue Bloods a lot have had very lean years in the winning column ie UT, Michigan, USC, ND even OU in the past, but there still perceived as Blue Bloods and carry that cachet. Can you drop from being perceived as a BB ask Nebraska- some may argue Nebraska was never a BB. Like I said public perception is everything. One more thing about BB there usually built in tandem as fierce rivalries and the games have captured the national attention with epic games, the public remember’s ie USC/ND, UT/OU, OU/Nebraska old B8, OSU/Michigan, more recently Bama/Clemson. Bama is a BB ,Clemson is knocking on the door. interesting in the new B12 there is the potential for that to happen,since there are no BB in the conference. History will tell. More than likely I won’t be here to see it…LOL.

Well if Clemson is not a blueblood now, then it isn’t possible to build into one…if it requires a grandfathered in elitism then no, you would never be anything other that “new rich”.