Cedric Alley?

Shead may be better offensively than advertised
Powell I wish I could see in person because he may be the one who we need to play the most next seasons a backup to Gresham if he is ready.

His block stats are off the charts and good rebounding. Averaging a modest 10 pts per game but I have seen many HS teams who do not do a good job of working the offense to a big with a huge advantage.
What I have seen on hightlights is he has legitimate offensive skills just not sure how well he can play with his back to the basket.
Of course for next season the offense is the least important stat.

Mark is going to be fun to watch. Seems similar to Mills but 6’6

It doesn’t matter whether Mark is a PG or SG. Sampson doesn’t play guys based on their position. We’ve seen that he likes to play 3 guards with a SF and or center with various combinations depending on the matchup and who is hustling their tail off defensively. Mark will see the court if he’s hustling and playing the type of basketball Sampson demands from his players. The good news is that Mark is versatile enough to give Sampson options for how he wants to play him.

5 Likes

That’s really the factor with Kelvin. Can you play d and do something else pretty good. You can get a lot of minutes. If you play d and do two things good then even more.

1 Like

If someone is a 6’6" point guard but can guard a 7’ center somehow Sampson would play him on the center and then have him bring the ball down the court. That is the way it should be.

@RWcoog

The redshirt is supposed to be a hell of a shot blocker too. Getting bigger and stronger right now for next year’s rotation.

1 Like

We have two players who have not played this season; Tyson and Roberts. Does Tyson have to sit a year because he is a transfer; or is he a redshirt also? I guess Roberts is the redshirt you are referring to Rico, is that right?

Yessir. Tyson sitting as a transfer. Roberts is the redshirt freshman that I was referring to.

Kelvin Sampson on Signing Day: “Tramon can play all three perimeter positions. If you asked me what my perfect backcourt would be, it would be guards of different lengths that can all play point guard and shoot. Tramon is a lot like that.”

6 Likes

Great point. It just happened in the UCF game. He played much of 2nd half due to his toughness!! It actually complimented Hinton well.

2 Likes

CKS summarized his thoughts on Ced in the postgame presser vs UCF last night. When we play teams with a true 4, Gorham will play more. When we play smaller teams with no true 4, Ced will play more. He went out of his way to say there’s nothing “wrong” with Ced it’s just a matchup thing when he gets no minutes. Now I’m sure that’s subject to change but that’s the strategy going in.

1 Like

Mark played a lot at point guard in the game I saw but like Russ said, I doubt he’ll play much if any, point here especially if Jarreau comes back.

Diversity and depth are nice things.

J. Shead coming in next year is supposed to be a “true” point guard according to CKS!

Last year he started. This year he barely plays

He started early last year until Fabian returned from the foot injury.

Hopefully he can find it this offseason, he still has so much potential.

1 Like

He hasn’t underperformed or played poorly, we are just deep. Next season will be even deeper.

Needs to develop a midrange game.

Love his power, athleticism and hustle.

2 Likes

Needs to tuck in his jersey and be ready when he is called on. Sampson put him in the game and he started to run to the scorers table with his jersey untucked and Sampson damn near lost his mind like he had just committed 17 technical fouls or something.

Sometimes it is the little things I guess.

1 Like

It’s about being focused and self-discipline. If your head’s in the game your uniform will be too.

2 Likes

It could very well be that Ced will think it is in his best interest his junior and senior year to transfer to a place he’ll get minutes.

1 Like