Chidozie Nwankwo - Suspended

Not a lot of info on this topic except he has been charged. Gotta let the process play out.

Lol.

I thought that too. Then it dawned on me. The next time I’m in the car with my 20 year-old son and he runs a stop sign I’m gonna turn him over to Coach Holgorsen. That’ll straighten him out quick.

1 Like

I love how this thread got hijacked to crying about what Art Briles got away with at a school 300 miles away that won’t play UH in any sport.

10 Likes

Strange how things like that happen.

I would have gotten ALL my money and cleared my name if I was innocent. But I guess I am just crazy to expect everything owed to me if I didn’t breach a contract.

Clear your name from what? I don’t remember any charges

1 Like

If his name is cleared, why are we talking about this (on that note, I probably should have just said the second half of that sentence)?

We got on this topic because I was comparing the Chidozie reaction (don’t say anything until it has played out and innocent until proven guilty) with the Art Briles reactions (guilty until proven innocent – and then still thought guilty) as a contrast as to how some react when one of our players is concerned as opposed to how they react to someone they are holding a grudge against.

2 Likes

Has anybody asked Briles what happened? What did he say?

Has anyone asked Chidozie?

1 Like

I think you are off topic. Oh wait

1 Like

Is always more interesting to discuss a former UH employee who left over 13 years ago instead of a current player on our Football Team.

A Starter on our DL who has been dismissed.

Not dismissed, suspended. Big difference. Hopefully the smoke clears and it isn’t what was first presented. If not, then, too bad!

1 Like

Absolutely big difference between suspended versus dismissed. It could take awhile for this to flow through the process since it is the legal process and I would suspect that UH will be going off of what comes out of the legal process.

Not sure what it means to be suspended from an athletic program. I assume no practice of any kind related to official program activities and probably no access to UH facilities to practice on their own. I wouldn’t think it would mean being booted from university housing or suspended from classroom activities, but the university would need to clarify and possibly it varies by incident.

I was under the impression he was suspended from school, not just football.

that would be cruel and unusual punishment for someone that isnt convicted yet. It is one thing to take away the right to play sports. Quite another to deny an education based on pending investigation. Even if convicted I do believe a felon is entitled to seek a college education

1 Like

The news reports says he was suspended from the football program. I would bet there is a different standard to be suspended from the school. I may be wrong, but I would guess that more of a due process would need to occur to be suspended from the university versus the just the football program.

“UH Athletics offered their statement on Nwankwo’s charge, adding he had been suspended from the football program:”

In a ‘me too’ world I would be shocked if they allow him to Continue with classes.

we are only in a “me too” world if you are willing to live in it. I dont live in a “me too” world.

My feeling is if you let them dictate where you live mentally then yes, that is where you will live. Im not insensitive, just not overly sensitive knowing that it is too easy to “point the finger”.

6 Likes

Regardless if I live in it, a big old public university entity probably does.

I can ignore the speed limit all I want, won’t pay my tickets for me.