Chris Beard to UT

Doesn’t Satan get a lot of discussion time at church?

4 Likes

This thread is about a coaching move that involves two in state rivals and had our coach’s name linked to it. Did you actually not expect to see a thread on it?

It’s UT envy among folks in this state - if they call they’ll drop everything to go despite them making their name elsewhere

The irony of this hashtag, re: UNC, is not lost on me.

4 Likes

I’m in Chapel Hill… They only consider UNC alums for the job… “Keep it in the family”.

1 Like

Around Chapel Hill they keep saying the next coach will for certain be a member of the UNC family…

1 Like

Ha. :joy::joy:

Some of you might remember that ut BMD’s got all over Abe Lemons many years ago for stopping by GVL’s dinner table to say hi before a basketball game. Abe and GVL has been friends for years. The sips accused Lemon of being disloyal.

And to think some people on this board actually want to play those bastards in any sport.

No thanks.

3 Likes

Nuthin.

I think ARROGANCE is the word you meant to use.

Cool. I tend to believe that too from my brief stay there of 18months. Once you are there that Carolina blue is hard to not like. It is an infectious feeling you get once you settle in there. So that seems naturally true.

1 Like

Dean Smith was a Kansas Alum. Frank McGuire was a St Johns alum. Bill Guthridge went to Kansas State. So really, only 2 of the past 5 were NC alums.

I bet they had Carolina ties though… I was probably wrong about just alums but I bet all of them have Carolina ties that were hired.

No wonder Kansas just signed Self to a “lifetime” contract.

1 Like

When you keep it all in the family you have a lot of inbreeding. Oh yea, this is North Carolina.

1 Like

no!

Dean was an assistant at UNC under McGuire and Guthridge was assistant for 30 years before he was made HC. So you have to go back to the 50s to find someone they’ve hired with no preexisting ties to the university.

4 Likes

So you’re telling us there’s a chance. :thinking:

I would be stunned if UNC went outside of their coaching tree for the next coach.

3 Likes

I was aware of their ties to the school, as I was also aware they were not alums. I too have spent time in Chapel Hill. I admit to getting chills the first time I walked into the Dean Dome.