Chris Harris - The Emergence

To back up your point, only two of the last six championships were won by teams from P5 conferences.

2 Likes

C’mon man, that is extremely misleading. The truth is that 13 of the last 20 national championships were won by P5 teams - that’s 65%. In addition, ALL of the remaining 7 championships were won by a current or former BigEast Conference program mostly while still playing in the BigEast Conference as a BCS (or true P6) Conference. That includes ESPN East coast media darlings UConn (with 4), Villanova (with 2) and Louisville (with 1) just as they were moving to the ACC.

So how many teams that are not either in a P5 conference or an ESPN East coast media darling have won in the past 20 years - that’s right Zero - as in virtually NO CHANCE whatsoever. NADA!

1 Like

I know somebody is working with Harris on his free throws.

Sometimes, the light just turns on for kids at the strangest times. For Harris, we saw it turn on during the season.

Something about him being roommates with Galen Robinson and him making Harris open up a bit more personality wise. It has also affected his play in the basketball court.

1 Like

Good point.

It reminds me of 1982 when (h)Akeem was just a small role player on that Final Four team, but you could see the potential building. If DeJon and Chris take their games a little higher, next year’s team could be the best team in college basketball. This year’s team is great and has a very realistic chance at the final four. Next year we could very well be the kings of College basketball.

2 Likes

Pretty fun read going through these old posts from a year ago. I would never have imagined that Chris would’ve grown even more than where he was last year. If he just had one more year with CKS!!! I’ll bet that he finds a professional league somewhere on this planet to play in after college. He has rounded himself into a defensive force and has just enough of an offensive repertoire to have to account for where he’s at on the floor at all times. Great job big man!!! Coog Nation is really proud of you and the positive representation you provide for the University!

7 Likes

I took note of his muscular build at Sampson’s last press conference.

Harris is really good this year! Kudos to him for his hard work.

3 Likes

Unbelievable how he has improved at FT line! Played only 10 mins. last game & had 4 blocks!

8 Likes

A true team first player

7 Likes

I could actually see him in the D League for a couple of years and then making it in the NBA. He is big and athletic and he works hard. That is a pretty good combination.

His improvement at FT line is probably the most pleasant surprise for me. You can’t just hack him anymore and that’s huge considering how much his offense has improved overall.

4 Likes

Harris is a great example of improvement during a college athletic career. He is one of the best cases against people on social media that make an immediate assessment of a player in the first few minutes of his career as a freshman. They pronounce that the player is “no good” and question why we even signed the guy. I remember college as a time where people spend time trying to find themselves and grow into adults.

Thank you Chris for reminding us that college is a process. And congrats as you continue to grow and improve at your craft.

10 Likes