Chronicle

Ditto Jim and Coog81…

2 Likes

Not a big fan of any of the sports leagues going political. I don’t need politics with my sports, All three are blatantly more political today than in years past. Was not that familiar with the MLB situation with China. But the NBA basically threatened with his job the GM of the Rockets, Daryl Morey for his little Tweet in support of the residents of HK. Then their brand players and coaches hammering Morey did not go over well considering China’s human rights abuses, their reneging on the HK agreement and the significant issues with their theft of IP from the US as demonstrated again here today in Houston. Based on that, the NBA will probably will be the least of the three I care to watch. It’s been a fading interest for a few years with the NBA.

The main point of my post was that even though some of us may or may not watch the professional sports this summer or fall, we need for them to execute through COVID so that our college sports can learn from them and have a better chance of pulling off NCAA sports this fall or later.

1 Like

We visited Charleston, Fort Sumpter. etc. during my road trip from hell back in 1991. I believe it was the highlight of the trip.My wife was a big Patrick Swayze fan, and a lot of the TV miniseries he was in, North and South,was filmed around there. We toured the house and grounds where the exterior shots of his family’s plantation were filmed.

Larry we loved the city. BUT my GOD it was worse than Houston in July. It was 95/96 while we were there but around 85% humidity. The great part about Charleston was it was a walkable city. We walked everywhere. We did a 1 1/2 hour walking Ghost tour one night and on my Birthday did a 2 1/2 walking pub tour in the historic dist visiting 5 old pubs. Needless to say i was soaked by the end of each day from sweating my substantial arse off :-)!

It’s too bad you don’t feel the same way about your posts going political! lol. With college sports, I have pointed out the biggest difference and biggest hurdle is travel. Pro sports if not playing in a bubble will still charter and be in a “bubble” while traveling. Non-revenue sports are a mess to travel and I don’t see how this fall we can encourage tens of thousands of students to be flying around the country every week.

5 pubs and still walking. Pretty impressive. I’ve seen you imbibe.

1 Like

Just one pint per pub and the tour provided appetizers each place. Guy also gave a history about the pub,city area as we walked and tasted local fair. I like trying loal brews when I visit places. I liked Holy City :IPA.

1 Like

I want to go back to Savanna and take their mid night ghost tour

Hopefully I can retire in 4 years, my wife is 4 years younger than me. I want to start in Jacksonville Florida and drive my way up the coast through Savanna, Charleston, Cape Fear, Myrtle Beach, all the way up to Virginia Beach.

Growing up in Baltimore Maryland and Philly I have done ,most of the Maryland and New Jersey coastal towns like Ocean City Maryland, Cape May New Jersey, Atlantic City New Jersey and even Coney Island New York… I have also done Rehoboth Beach Delaware and been where the Jersey Shore show was filmed.

1 Like

I went to a combat systems maintenance and operating school (FTC School) for a while at the Anti Aircraft Warfare Training Center in Dam Neck and went to Virginia Beach often. It’s a nice area. My home port was Norfolk for most of my enlistment, so I got familiar with the general area.

2 Likes

Norfolk NAS was our first duty station after we were married. He was at HM-12 from 85-89

1 Like

you are my twin