Cinci game moved to ABC

If you are truly hoping that the team playing against UH wins, and are not pulling for UH to upset them, then yes.

I’d like to believe that that’s not the case with anyone here, but based on some of the posts that I’ve been reading on this string, I have to wonder.

BTW…in addition to being the Polly Train’s corporate President and CEO…I’m also Commander in Chief of the cybercoog anti-treason militia.

6 Likes

Even if it helped you win a National Championship in the near future and significantly improved recruitung?

Because that’s what proving an AAC squad CAN make the playoffs will do for us.

We can’t live in a vacuum, guys. The path to a National Championships lives and dies with our conference affiliation and the American Athletic Conference, through UH, UCF, and UC, has continously proven it CAN provide a playoff worthy season.

We had our path in 2016…WE blew it.

My ONLY goal is to see the Houston Cougars win a National Championship…why else play the game!

We just need to have the conference break down that door first!

1 Like

This year is an anomaly. Under normal circumstances Cincinnati would not be getting a whiff…no non-p5 will until playoffs are expanded or conference realignment occurs. Until that time, I want UH to be the one that gets there, not anyone else. The only way we do achieve either is by winning.

4 Likes

I disagree 100%. We’ve had three AAC programs knock on the playoff door in the last 5 seasons.

Our efforts paved the path for a UCF argument.

UCF paved the way for UC’s argument.

I’ve been watching the polls very closely and they are moving AAC teams higher up in the polls sooner…ever top 15/top 20 entering the season.

Compare that to our 2015 season when we had to be what 6,7 8-0 before we even broke into the top 25.

The fact is that the AAC ended last season with MORE top 25 programs than the B12, PAC, and ACC.

What we are doing IS WORKING!

2 Likes

It’s all becoming a repeated topic of discussion every season but the record would have to be backed up with numbers… strength of schedule, wins vs Top 25, etc etc etc along with the ESPN favorites to stumble along the way. The G5 still needs the stars to align for it to happen. Same ol BS

2 Likes

I pull for UH. I don’t want the upset. I also don’t think that makes me a traitor because in the long run if we’re bad the rest of the season and good next season we would be yelling to be included also. That can’t happen if they don’t do it first. We paved for UCF, UCF did it for UC, we benefit from this. Even if we lose this game we can still make the conference final.

I’d like to also point out that most if not a good 90% of predictions on the score thread have UC destroying us. I guess everyone is a “traitor” there. Also I have Coog immunity and special Cougar paw clearance. Can’t be a traitor.

Even if Cinci wins out they will not make the playoffs. P5 will not let it happen. You will see a 1 or 2 loss P5 team jump them at some point with same argument as always strength of schedule. AAC will get there NY6 invite and be happy with that as ESPN says so.

4 Likes

Our path to a national championship is through joining a better conference. We are in direct competition with cinci, ucf, etc as potential future conference expansion candidates. Cincinnati making the playoffs is a hindrance to UH positioning itself as the best expansion candidate.

5 Likes

I NEVER root against the Cougars for any reason.

9 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I thought UH was going to get blown out going into a game. I don’t like this feeling.

Michigan, under Briles.

1 Like

Michigan 50 - Houston 3? Did not think we would lose that bad, but we did.

1 Like

You can predict a loss while still hoping for/wanting a UH victory/upset.

If on the other hand, you want for UH to lose, i.e., “don’t want the upset,” then you are in a state of treason.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Beating a ranked team can only help UH. We can pull for conference mates when UH is not involved

1 Like

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean people aren’t out to get you.

3 Likes

That was my earlier point.

I’m fine with Cincy going 12-1 with one loss to UH.

But to want them to go 13-0 is treason if you’re a coogfan.

4 Likes

Stevenson out against Cincy. SIAP

It’s not treason… its thinking about the bigger picture to win a National Championship. But hey, who needs a National Championship when you can hang a banner for a 2021 upset win against the University of Cincinnati.

Our only goal should be to be competing for the National Chsmpionship. The Basketball team is there in a position to compete. The HC of our football team “redshirted” an entire season to build depth so dont tell me they don’t think big picture. Creating an AAC path to playoff year in and year out is the next step.

I want the National Championship…i’ll sacrifice a game against a "playoff bound fellow AAC member ". This is NOT the Southern Miss. example…this is about outsmarting the P5 to raise the level of the AAC, our conference !

2 Likes

We all want a National Championship but it AINT gonna happen being a G5, no way, we have to get in the P5 that is our only hope

1 Like