Circle Drill

It’s a gimmick. If you want hard nose football drills then Oklahoma drill is nice. The circle drill looks cool in a video. There are no real skills from it. The drill is exactly the kind of stuff that needs to be eliminated from practice. How has Applewhite “killed” the “H-Towntakeover” exactly?

1 Like

when was the last time fans used the slogan?
when was the last time it was said on tv?
do recruits use the slogan?
had a 7-5 season year 1.

yeah he has killed it.

It’s literally printed on every ticket.

7 Likes

We are arguing over circle drills… 8 more days guys… 8 more days. We are almost there. Go Coogs

11 Likes

Somebody is a drama queen, and doesn’t want Applewhite. So please tell us who you want. Keep in mind no one wanted to lose Herman. He went 7-5 while trying to figure out his QB situation, and still having a chance to win the conference. Chill out just a bit. Screen shot of twitter feed shows the 'dead non-existent H-Towntakeover slogan."

6 Likes

I disagree with you on the sprints for several reasons. It’s just good conditioning for the body, but also with up tempo offenses it prepares them for getting to the ball quickly after big plays.

2 Likes

It was also on the cards that went out with the Oliver bobblehead that they shipped to every heisman voting writer.

2 Likes

just because its listed don’t mean its not dead.

Chivalry is dead.

The HTownTakeover is completely dependent on the W’s. We win a bunch of games, it will magically be “back”.

4 Likes

No matter how many examples are given, you are still going to call it dead right?

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB

If we use it on Facebook and use it on Twitter, what’s missing? Is Applewhite suppose to actually say the words HtownTakeover because retweeting everything HtownTakeover puts out isn’t enough?

5 Likes

It’s dead, because I say it’s dead damn it. My arguments have no factual basis, and evidence on the contrary can not prove me wrong.

8 Likes

Exactly. Every new Coach brings their own “ways” I could car less about judas & if he was knocking on our door again there is no way I would take him back.

LOL K

Alfred, you can call people dumb or other names and edit a minute later. This is your choice. This board is mostly made of people that respect each other. Again, that is your choice if you don’t.

4 Likes

H-Town Takeover was blowing up before Herman coached a game here. It caught fire after the 2015 season but it was moving before that.

lol no it wasn’t. he made it a thing.

In case anyone is tallying votes, the circle drill absolutely is a gimmick. The only “skills” it promotes are holding and blocking your guy in a circle which would disrupt and/or screw up any play in our playbook. It’s intended to fire the guys up, embarrass the “loser” and, as Alfred said, somehow impress HS recruits. The downside is concussion or other injury for no apparent purpose or benefit, learning bad technique and creating muscle memory that would result in penalties during an actual game. If we’re going to incorporate full contact in practice, I would much prefer a scrimmage or drilling certain plays.

As far as Herman, I liked the blue tape deal, but I’m glad he took the circle drill and other concussion-causing antics with him to UT. Herman built his entire reputation on being a gimmick himself and we all loved it while he was here and he was winning. If CMA starts winning, no one will miss Herman’s antics except for maybe Alfred.

4 Likes

if Applewhite starts winning i’ll eat crow and admit i was wrong unlike some of you guys fail to do when you are wrong about something.

If he was using it and somebody got hurt, the board would be in an uproar.
Less and less contact these days.
Bear Bryant thought it was good to deprive players of water because made you tougher… I like the tough guy drills but no proof it helps you win games.

2 Likes

bingo