Circle Drill

I don’t think you understood my post. Herman was the coach here for 9 months before he coached a game.

A slogan? We want the idea to come to fruition. We can do that by first winning, and second, keeping the H Town kids in the city. No hash tag or silly slogan needed.

Another false narrative. Why on earth would you have your starting QB who was injured play WR? How would he heal? King was not the starter, point, blank, period.

King was injured and did not get the reps needed in the spring and summer to be the starter for game 1.

2 Likes

I read this in Hank Hill voice! :joy:

2 Likes

DM me the link with said evidence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/amp/Future-on-hold-as-Cougars-contemplate-how-to-use-12303364.php

The Cougars do not shy away from acknowledging King is one of, if not the best, offensive playmaker on the roster. Since returning from a knee injury that delayed his start of the season until Week 4, King has handled a role befitting a player who is a threat every time he touches the ball.

1 Like

Haha Propane and Propane accessories! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Not buying it. The author is speculating like everyone else. Anything official from the coaches? Makes zero sense to play a hurt starting QB and run the risk of him being tackled, all the while he should be “healing”. People are holding on to the idea that “if we would have had King earlier we would have won more games”. Maybe, but we did have King, he was playing WR, and he wasn’t hurt. It’s quite possible he was behind in learning the playbook and that’s what kept him from taking snaps. But him being the starter and injured while playing is bs.

Applewhite explained it, King was injured in camp and didn’t get to work the with the QBs, Before the injury he had shown enough that the staff, our OC last year was known for duel threats QBs like Dak Prescott, was very high on him. Once camp was over, Allen and Postma had the reps with the ones and twos, the easy way to get King on the field and help the team was at WR.

2 Likes

Source?

At approx 3:40 of this press conference

1 Like

We extensively covered it last season. The offense was based around him. That is one of the reasons why we struggled so much offensively against UA. I was at the game and it was not pretty.

1 Like

This is what I heard too from multiple sources (none of them west coast).

1 Like

Running in football is a necessity. If you cannot run 40 yd shuttles, something is wrong. All players should be able to run and run, otherwise find another sport!

No one said otherwise. However you train for your position. Linemen want to be quick and powerful, asking them to run the same distance as your skill players is stupid.

Alfred, Alfred, Alfred a lot of things are popular until you try it (circle drill). You are on your CAM rant again. I thought we talked about this. I’m glad AM and not TH is the coach. I’m glad you’re a fan as well. Look forward to seeing you at the Rice game.

1 Like

Alfred is like stubborn mule. On n on n on.

The 40 yard sprints are for conditioning. Lineman are not going to be able to hold up for a whole ball game, especially in our heat and humidity, if they do not get the proper conditioning. Practice, in and off itself, will not prepare the players for the length of a game. This applies even more with an up-tempo offense. Skill players, who rightly will have many opportunities to run longer distances than lineman, should be running longer conditioning sprints than 40 yards.

When I was in high school, the wind sprints were sideline to sideline which is 53 yards. I hated them, as did everyone who ran them; but it got us in better shape. If there is another way to build endurance, I am sure lot’s of coaches would adopt it.

I can’t wait for Major to prove you wrong, but you still probably won’t stop with your haterade regardless of what he accomplishes. It’s like I’m on a Longhorn website only you are about 10 times worse.