CKS has a message for club ticket holders

Astro’s club box seats are not really comparable to the Fertitta club section. That is more of a comparison to the lodge section. The club section in Fertitta is more comparable to the chairback seats at TDECU.

Definitely agree with needing to swap the cameras. Whatever it takes in the offseason to get that done.

What is the punishment if they don’t and then on a national telecast, we see ushers dragging off students like a passengers on an United Airlines flight? Who evaluates the amount of expediency, cheerfulness and cleanliness?

Basically honor system rules. Students don’t get to seat there at future games if they don’t agree to move w/o giving grief. Don’t see a physical altercation for public consumption occurring. Students cause crap and they don’t get to be a seat filler again. Chances are pretty good if they fill a seat they’ll get it for the whole game.
The point was to look filled and ready for tip off on TV. That’s all. If you paid 1,000s for your seats then come sit in them! All students aren’t jerks.
#GoCoogs!

Should this expectation be written in legal jargon before the person donates $10k or do we just surprise them about the penalty that comes with arriving after tip off?

1 Like

From the other side, if you are a student I’m also not sure you want gamble that you may only get to sit in the club for 15 minutes and if/when you get booted you get a much worse spot in the student section than if you had staked out a seat there initially. Also, do you want to prevent the students from hanging out in the club (which was the issue Sampson was referring to for how the Oregon game looked on tv)? Does an usher need to be assigned to make sure the people chilling in the club are actual ticket holders and not students? Also, someone needs to be assigned to handle the “banned” list and that needs to be tracked?

I get that they do this at awards shoes that happen once a year and have a lot of money poured into them (great Seinfeld episode premise as well), but are we really going to go through these logistical hassles, in addition to the gamble that said students act immature and annoy big donors or big donors are annoyed at having to have someone kicked out of their seats, at every single game so that a game against Lamar on ESPN3 looks a little better on tv? I don’t see it.

I’m nauseous! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ok TJCoog and the others. Keep looking for the a problem and not a solution.
Leave the seats empty.
#GoCoogs