Class of 2022 Offers

https://twitter.com/hayesfawcett3/status/1411732229852594178?s=21

To answer if SMU is still recruiting better than us? Absolutely

Like I’ve said before. SMU, UCF, and Cincy are recruiting at a level that we aren’t. Man. Feels like 2015 was 20 years ago.

No idea how Samples is still at SMU. He’s a game changer on the recruiting trail.

4 Likes

Stars don’t matter, Pony Excess is back, Dana already said we’re not focusing on high school talent we’re all about the transfers and JUCO’s.

Even after the 2015 and 2016 season we couldn’t get 5 star recruits. Once we have another season like that and continue to win consistently, then recruits will come again. Many 4/5 star recruits get to college and fizzle out. They aren’t the big fish in the pond anymore. We have to start somewhere. If we didn’t fill the gaps and holes, those that are complaining about this situation would be complaining about that as well.

3 Likes

I’ve always said that I would rather have a 2 or 3 star Texas kid than a 4 star kid from any state outside of Texas and Florida.

BUT. SMU is landing big-time kids in the state of Texas.

Also sounds like he is looking for a place to play right away possibly. He could be buried in the depth chart at Bama or Texas.

2 Likes

Probably at Bama. He would probably be on the 2 deep as a freshman at UT.

True

Dana is such a genius.

Since last year our issue was lack of experience on O line and depth issues, wouldn’t that make some sense to recruit players with some playing experience? Otherwise, we would be having the same issues with freshman struggling to learn the system at a college level, and we all know how the board would react to that.

3 Likes

NIL started this week. 5 star makes decision soon after. Coincidence? Maybe, but since it involves SMU, gotta wonder.

Not sour grapes, just thinking this will be the new world in college recruiting.

Gotta wonder about what? Are you suggesting that SMU would do something underhanded? I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

If an alumnus owns a business and says he will pay a kid a million bucks to endorse his business, under today’s rules that would be legal now wouldn’t it. We know what they did when that was against the rules, now the sky’s the limit and they do have many alumni with the big bucks.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dillonbell6_/status/1414283413750648834?s=21

3 Likes

As a proud Kinkaid Falcon, I pray he comes to The University of Houston…

I like judging the recruits based on who else is recruiting them versus the star system. I’d rather get a kid who is looking at those schools rather than UTSA, N Texas, UTEP, etc.

2 Likes

If we can beat out schools like those, then that would be impressive.

I assume that Kinkaid will roll over the SPC with him at QB, right?

My own St. John’s Rebels are going to get walked on, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Levine told me that Minn, Kansas, Iowa, etc… schools outside of Texas shotgun Texas recruits because those school alums consider it a coup to bring a “Texas” recruit.
He said to pay attention to what Texas schools offer that recruit. Texas schools will only offer IF they are serious because they don’t want to piss off the HS coach.
If the player doesn’t have Texas schools, it isn’t that big a deal.
This kid has Baylor, Tamu and UH. That’s the test but having offers from UNT, UTSA, etc… isn’t a bad thing at all.

3 Likes

Did anyone read the Athletic article on Texas recruiting. It was an article that quotes anonymous high school coaches about the state of Texas recruiting.

In the past, TCU was really good at scouting overlooked kids. In recent years, Memphis has had a pretty good eye for talent (especially running backs in our back yard).

Yeah I saw it, interesting read. We did not get a lot of positivity. But we’ve healed out a bit in the SMU thread.