Class of 2022 recruit

Here’s who I’m recruiting. He also happens to be one of my favorite great-nephews but that’s really beside the point. This guy can compete as they say.

Luke Vidal, Clear Falls Sr. WR #17

3 year stater, all-district as sophomore & junior
5’10” 4.59 40 - 170#
To say he’s an over achiever is an understatement. His coach says he’s the hardest worker on his team. Elected team captain this year. Near school records for yards and TDs on a run dominant offense. Runs great routes and finds space. Has a nose for the end zone (and first downs) as his numbers indicate.

Starts on basketball team.

He’s aiming at district records but more so to go deeper in the playoffs (that’s what the article is about)

2019 was the first playoff appearance ever for the Knights. That’s as far as they got that year but returned in 2020 go all the way to the regionals against the Katy Tigers who ended their four deep run into the post season. RW was at that game and maybe has an opinion.

Only has a handful of offers strictly because of height and 40 time but he’s going to get a full ride somewhere. I just hope it’s here. :blush: He went to our camp (and dang near every other one around, props to his mom and dad on that one) so I know our coaches saw him but his 40 was 4.6 that day :confused:

He mentors and coaches younger kids like his little brother who is determined to outdo his older brother in everything. And he just might.

The Knights will open by hosting Pearland Dawson on September 4 so that will be a good test to see how successful the 2021 team is in out doing the 2020 predecessors.

Did I break any NCAA or NIL violations by posting this?

11 Likes

Send his film to the coaches

The kid is the real deal. He will make some college very happy.

3 Likes

How are the young man’s hands? There was a player at Galena Park who graduated a few years after me. I knew his sister. Average in size, adequate but not exceptional speed. We didn’t recruit him. He signed with Tulsa. In our game against Tulsa in the Dome we had Warren McVea. Howard Twilley put on a show with some amazing catches defeating us. He wound up second in the Heisman voting in 1965. His prowess was in his hands.

Great hands, quick with his feet and very strong.

Looks like he may be something good.

I’d like our coaches to look at Jordan Kelley from Refugio. He is 6’2" 175 not sure his 40 but it is in the 4.5 range for sure. He is a senior and has offers from Virginia, Princeton, Florida International, Davidson, Brown, and Sam Houston.

His brother Jared Kelley from Refugio was the 47th pick in the 2020 MLB draft.

2 Likes

He does have good hands. He had two drops all year but when I say drops I mean passes that he got his hands on but didn’t bring in, not passes that hit him in stride or on the numbers. He doesn’t drop those.

I forgot to mention his blocking. Be loves to block and his highlights videos include a lot to them.

I’ll find one or two and post them.

I also forgot to mention that he’s avidkat’s nephew too.

3 Likes

He’s going to have a hard time passing up Princeton or Brown. That’s a business decision, but of course we have no idea what he really wants. High character kid to have those offers. And Virginia is about as good academically that it gets for a public university. I hope he heads East.

2 Likes

If Johnny’s great nephew is not offered by us or for whatever reason does not come to U of H and goes east I hope he considers Brown. The coaches there are top notch and they are building a competitive program. If he were to chose Brown he won’t be the only Houston boy on the program. If he ever wants to visit with my grandson I will be happy to set something up.

4 Likes

Thanks, Jim! If he doesn’t get to play here, I hope he plays closer to home. :blush: Rice would my second choice, honestly, I don’t know who his second choice is or if he even has one.

He wants to be a Cougar real bad. He wears UH gear everywhere, especially to the gym. The only times I’ve ever seen him cry was when his team lost his kid league’s “Super Bowl” when he was ten and in 2011the day we lost to S. Miss. I cried too but I digress.

Fan Appreciation Day - 2012

10 Likes

Johnny: As long as we are doing old photos here is my grandson at a U of H football camp 6 or 7 years ago.

9 Likes

Nice pic!

1 Like

Jim,
Look at those old Palm Trees ! I still think that was a cool feature ,
Glenn

1 Like

So has he been to the U of H camps and built a connection with anyone on the staff?

Yes, he went to our camp back in June Or thereabouts. He exchanged pleasantries with some of the coaches involved CDH.

He impressed me :blush: but there were a lot of high school hopefuls out there.

I’ll try to find one of his videos.

What position does he play

slot WR
few KOR

We need some of those what is his 40 time

4.59 ran a 4.6 at our camp, that and 5 ft 10 will usually lessen offers.

We’ll see. He’s got another year.

Not bad, if not he can always walk on. Patrick Edwards walked on and earned a scholly before the season started