Clemson, FSU to SEC?

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1422268214747226113

1 Like

lets ALL go to the SEC, one big conference and everyone will be happy lol

2 Likes

Ridiculous but maybe it opens a spot for us. The sec is going to be so strong, it will kill off once good programs like Clemson. Coog Boog said UH to the Acc so if fla st left then his prediction was we get added to balance out Miami.

2 Likes

Never heard of this guy who sent up the rumor… But b watch out Flugar, Mhever3, Dude, etc.

3 Likes

SEC might actually say no

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcRyanOnAir/status/1422255062185910274

2 Likes

I smell bs.

4 Likes

They have grant of rights through 2035 and don’t think conference mates let them out. I agree it sounds like BS.

1 Like

Per Clemson’s fanbase, this guy isn’t very reliable.

1 Like

Isn’t it odd- the playoff committee recommends SIX automatic spots in the playoffs for the six highest ranked conference champions and instead we see a move towards larger conferences where it is harder to win your conference.

5 Likes

The ACC is the next one to be picked over. I absolutely believe Florida State and Clemson are in play to join the SEC. I think North Carolina and Virginia will end up in the Big 10.

So what happens with everyone else? Who the heck knows.

2 Likes

The ACC can’t get picked over until 2035 with the grant of rights. Every team gets to sit tight while all this is going on. ESPN took them off the table in advance of this realignment.

4 Likes

Sure they can. Its just money.

4 Likes

Wonder how this impacts ND’s commitment to the ACC if Clemson and FSU can pa to get out of the ACC (if this is indeed true). Could put ND in play and they will be the single most desired program in America and could see the dollar figures go up, up and away from its current TV partner or from potential conference suitors.

gonna be a wild August.

1 Like

Why would ESPN want to damage the ACC? Now the Big 10 with FOX is a different deal.

1 Like

They are getting rid of dead weight. The conference makeup where lightweights got paid the same as the heavyweights no longer works.

The ACC has a TON of dead weight. Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forrest, NC State (think Okie and K State).

The ACC is the next to die.

4 Likes

Florida St’s attendance and viewers fell off big time with the mediocre records they have put up. If they aren’t dominating, they aren’t a huge draw. Ever since they took that whooping from the Coogs, its been downhill fast. The FSU-UF game is always going to be big, but the SEC already gets those rights every other year. Also as somebody else pointed out, ESPN would say no right now. I think as 2035 gets closer, it will happen but right now that would mean ESPN increasing its payouts while still having to pay the ACC contract. At least a few more years before the SEC and Big 10 tear apart the ACC.

Clemson used to stink. After Dabo dies or takes Sabin’s job upon retirement, they will suck again.

FSU is a safer long-term bet to be competitive and rake in those Florida dollars.

However, the SEC will say no, as they haven’t even digested OU and Texas.

I smell BS. ESPN put this out there to take the shine out of Bowlsby texas senate hearing.

1 Like

No idea if this has any truth to it but

What is more SEC than a university built on the site of John C. Calhoun’s plantation?

I’ve thought ESPN would get the ACC and SEC to 20 teams then break away without the SEC taking any ACC teams.

1 Like

We were all skeptical when the chronicle reported UT OU on 7/21. I think there’s something to this. Maybe another factor UT bought in.

1 Like