Cole Beasley - Buffalo Bills

Interesting article about receiver that may retire rather then get vaccinated.
Anybody know what the UH policy for football players will be in regards to getting
vaccinated ? Is it optional ? Or is this an NCAA policy matter ?

There was a time in this country when you had to be vaccinated to attend public schools.
That’s been significantly weakened. So much for progress. I’m of the opinion that personal
rights are limited when public rights are endangered. Kinda like when they seize your property
thru process of eminent domain to build something that’s for the greater public good.

3 Likes

What does this have to do with UH football?

Please reread.

6 Likes

There are studies and cases popping up that show a large Increase in myocarditis cases among college age people so this will be a slippery slope if universities try to mandate vaccines

4 Likes

Optional. And many of our players have not gotten shots. Could become an issue if you have a breakout during the season.

The vaccine introduces a small synthetic dose of the virus into your system so your body has immunity to recognize and prevent it from causing major damage to the body.

Many athletes, and the general public, have already had Covid with minimal to no symptoms so the body may already have natural antibodies.

With those that are vaccinated and those who have built in natural antibodies, there is no evidence to guarantee you can’t get it again or carry it. The hope is that your body will easily be able to prevent major damage or hospilization.

The anti- vaccinators have a valid point in not wanting to inject a synthetic body into their system when the actual hospilization rates for a healthy person with no prior conditions is less than 1%.

As with our basketball team, who had a 100% infection rate, I think most of our football players have had it with no serious reactions.

We have over a year of data now to analyze.

3 Likes

As a Cowboys fan, never liked Beasley. Just a stuck up crybaby. He quit his rookie year in training camp because things were too hard. Luckily for him we had a soft coach that asked him to come back. Since then he has always been whining about something. He might fall into what the older people call a “snow flake”.

2 Likes

^ Agree. I was just answering the previous question.

I agree. Most people have a less than 1% chance of dying from the COVID virus which again for most people doesn’t justify a vaccine. We truly are staring down a slippery slope of vaccine requirements to participate in society. What if the ncaa required a “vaccine passport” to attend collegiate sports? (trying to make this coogfan relevant).

Im definitely no “anti-vaxer” but I think the push for substantial COVID vaccinations is a heat of the moment over reaction.

3 Likes

… and for someone in good health under the age of 50 with no underlying health conditions, the hospilization rate is virtually zero. There have been a few but most college and professional athletes have near 100% probability of fending off the virus in the first few days.

As with the general public, it is a risk analysis.

If you have prior health issues or are older, it might be worth the risk to get the synthetic vaccine.

But neither the vaccine or natural antibodies 100% prevents you from getting it or carrying the virus and passing it on.

Theoretically, they reduce the chances of serious damage because your body has a defense for X amount of time.

No one knows how long though.

4 Likes

Jon Rahm has tested positive on two different occasions, each either prohibiting him to be able to get into a tournament or being pulled from a tournament he was leading by 6 strokes. BTW, he had been vaccinated prior to the two instances. I have been vaccinated, my bride refuses to be. To each his own, this is America and Roe vs. Wade says you can’t dictate what a person does with their bodies.

6 Likes

This is going to digress into nonallowed thread on covid, abortion, gun control, climate change , etc…

Mods please close and delete thread.

1 Like

Thats the point…getting vaccinated does not mean you will NOT test positive .The hope is it reduces the severity.

On the flip side, having a mild case of covid builds up natural antibodies which puts you in the same position of the vaccine.

The difference is in the risk if the individual…HIGH risk individuals may want the vaccine to introduce a small dose if the virus to help them defeat it thus a preemptive strike giving you a better chance of defeating what get be a fatal esposure.

2 Likes

So you started a thread about COVID vaccines in sports but are requesting it be shut down because the comments discuss COVID vaccines in sports?

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not worth it. Regrets for bringing it up. If you want to carry the flag, be my guest.
I’m done. Don’t want to get banned on Father’s Day.

Lol…, not sure I want to “carry the flag” but you did start a timely discussion on a relevant topic that has and will impact college sports.

1 Like

Yeah it will play a major factor in college sports and our program, but we already have somebody talking about people killing babies. Bet he wont get suspended for that either.

MODS:
Why is this thread not closed?

1 Like

You people are silly. “Natural” antibodies are no better or worse than the antibodies from the vaccine.

It does prevent you from getting the disease near 100% and makes it much less symptomatic if it doesn’t prevent. And it most certainly prevents or attenuates all of the secondary and chronic diseases we are seeing from this virus

If you don’t want to get a vaccine to help prevent a disease (in yourself and others) that has killed millions, you are simply either an antivaxxer or a jerk. Or both

9 Likes

There walks no man on this planet that can force me to take Melinda’s Purple Tonic. Not one.

1 Like