Consider THIS folks

The term “Metroplex” is just more proof of Dallas inferiority complex. I guess it makes them feel better - and somehow superior!

1 Like

What we really need is #5 whose speed is really missed.

3 Likes

If you ask me, Dallas folks have a superiority complex, not an inferiority complex. They are an arrogant bunch.

5 Likes

typical of inferior types, need to puff up with a sense of arrogance to make them selves feel better by trying to tear down others…pretty much sums up Dallas vs the rest of the state.

1 Like

Speaking of championships, Houston has 2xNBA, 4×WNBA, 2or3xMLS, 1× MLB, 2×AFL, 2×IHL…any others I am missing??

1 Like

16 NCAA Golf Championships.

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

track and field will be next…

3 Likes

UH was the 2019 US National College Cricket Association champion.

5 Likes

UH also won the 1960 men’s cross country national title.

6 Likes

2 x WHA

1 Like

Both of my parents were born and raised in Dallas, and I was born there. My parents moved to Houston when Dad went to UH law school, fell in love with Houston and never moved back.
Mom and Dad used to always say that “You have to dress up to take out the garbage in Dallas…”
Tru Dat…

3 Likes

The land of thirty thousandaires.

3 Likes

Correct…the Cowboys and Rangers play in Arlington. (Arlington Cowboys and Arlington Rangers, anyone). The Mavericks actually play in Dallas.

Yeah, and the New York Giants and New York Jets both play and have headquarters in New Jersey. The Cowboys have headquarters in Frisco, TX.

BTW, what is WHA?

World Hockey Association. Gordie Howe years with the Aeros 2 championships

4 Likes

World Hockey Association. A rival major professional hockey league to the NHL that sprung up in the 70s.

The original Houston Aeros with Gordon Howe won the league title twice.

It’s a shame that the original 1970s WHA Aeros folded one year too soon.

Had they lasted one more year, they might have been added to the NHL, as several other WHA teams were. Some of those teams (N.Y. Islanders, Edmonton, etc) later went on to win multiple Stanley Cups as NHL franchises. Just imagine what COULD have been!

4 Likes

I went to an Aeros hockey game about 10 or so years ago because a friend’s daughter was one of the dancers. I couldn’t get into it.

I miss the Aeros. Went to games in the late 90s and it was so much fun.

3 Likes

I went to a few games in the 2000s loved the Aeros. Still have the original green jersey I bought in mid 90s

2 Likes