Coogfans... Prepare for headlines

Talk like this is what gets threads locked. Please be civil.

1 Like

Reading this stuff should also serve as a reminder to all the folks on the board that love to speculate on situations without knowing the facts should consider how it affects the people being talked about. The fact is, lots of current and former players, relatives, and friends of players read these boards. Maybe, just maybe, the kid wanted to tell his side of the story. Would you not want to speak up if people were talking trash and or making commenting based of 2nd and 3rd hand stories? Yeah, you might not like that he has to say and taking it to social media but know one knows the truth and what motivates him to speak up. And that goes for the coaches too.

5 Likes

Seriously. Man, I need a beer after reading all that.

Ok. Two drinks later
#BeatCincy

2 Likes

Go Coogs!

Beat the Beer Cats!

2 Likes

Removed by poster

1 Like

I didn’t. What I am saying he should be grateful.

Yeah, I don’t understand telling “The World”

2 Likes

Lashing out on Twitter rarely makes things better. The only goal here seems to be a final shot at CDH. No one wins with this.

I don’t envy the player. Tough situation to end his football career. I will never understand it because I never lived it. But I have been letdown by higher ups and I was given great advice from an employment lawyer: move on, it’s not worth your career / reputation.

12 Likes

Last take. Murph is upset and blaming others for being selfish and ruing his last chance at football, but ironically this whole situation is a tad bit selfish. Don’t blast our coaches or university because they surely haven’t done that to you and the reasons you were actually kicked off the team. The same grace should have been given.

5 Likes

LOL at Dana for trolling him on Twitter just now.

5 Likes

King’s take on all of this

https://twitter.com/DeriqKing_/status/1182480499937292293?s=20

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/holgorsendana/status/1182486815095377920?s=21

7 Likes

boy the last few weeks have been more interesting than the entirety of the 17-18 and 18-19 season

7 Likes

I sincerely hope that you weren’t calling my criticism of this guy’s over the top accusations to be “misplaced.” Nothing could be more incorrect.

On the contrary
this ex-player’s tanking comments were “misplaced.”

At least get that much right.

2 Likes

Not a good look for the kid
I wish him luck.

Not a good look for Holg, if he really didn’t look away from his monitor. It is a bit on brand for him. I’ve heard he is not warm and fuzzy, but you know where you stand.

6 Likes

WVU is going to be like Indiana with Sampson. The more irrelevant they get the more it’s Dana’s fault. Best of luck to Murphy. I hope our fans don’t go off on him en masse, that would just make us look bad.

There are so many fan bases salty about our redshirting because they didn’t think of it first. Those are the best comments to read.

4 Likes

I think it’s too easy to pounce on the young man. I’ve learned there is often a grain of truth to comments like this. I have no idea what the future holds for Coach Holgorson at this school, but it may not be as stellar as we would like. I wish the young man well and hope he heals.

4 Likes

Retweeting Murphy with “U mad bro?” would have been better.

3 Likes

I’m guessing Murphy’s approach was a little different in that conversation than he’s leading on.

3 Likes
  1. I echo the sentiment that there are two sides to every story.

2. I understand the kid’s frustration for sure. But I also echo the sentiment that this just wasn’t a smart way to go about things. Hopefully he ultimately grows from this.

5 Likes